Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley style

It matters not what your view is.

At the end of the match and season, it's points that count.

I agree. It is obvious to all that watch Camberley, they get the ball up to their front players as quickly as possible. Does it make them a bad team, no, it is clearly effective and it is down to the opposition to work out a way to combat that style.

Personally, and it is only my opinion, I couldn't watch that week in week out, but that's just me.

I agree. It is obvious to all that watch Camberley, they get the ball up to their front players as quickly as possible. Does it make them a bad team, no, it is clearly effective and it is down to the opposition to work out a way to combat that style.

Personally, and it is only my opinion, I couldn't watch that week in week out, but that's just me.

At last ! Exactly In The Know, thats what I have been saying all along.

I personally do not like watching that style of lump it football (my choice), but I have said on record if people read my posts, that if it works for Camberley, and if they have the players who are happy playing their style, which it appears they do 'cos it successful, then so be it.

As I have stated, Camberleys style should be known to all clubs and is difficult to defend, but if the other teams have the players and knowledge on how to combat their style, and its just not about aerial combat, do Camberley have a Plan B, I think not...........but at the moment they appear not to need one !

Can't believe I'm reading a thread about camberley's style of play! Surely there must be more interesting things to talk about like Frimley Greens ill discipline, or how many times during a game the players and management of molesey shout REF!!! Just a thought

....and discussing THAT would be more interesting? I guess we're all entitled to our opinion!

Can't believe I'm reading a thread about camberley's style of play! Surely there must be more interesting things to talk about like Frimley Greens ill discipline, or how many times during a game the players and management of molesey shout REF!!! Just a thought

Farcical,first of all Welcome to the Forum.Thats a very interesting point you raise there,as regards Molesey,think Nice Guy was the last to comment about them,and their excellent Burgers,Hospitality etc.The new incarnation Bad Guy never utters a word about them,good or bad,maybe thats because he is their Assistant Manager--Peter Lelligot.Yet he has a lot to say about the other Title contenders style of play,behaviour etc.He has become a big game watcher,but never a Molesey game,STRANGE as they sit high in the table.To me it is Low level Mind games he is playing,and if it is not,Bad Guy tell us all about the ground improvements at Molesey,that were much lauded, to be taking place 2 seasons ago,were they completed? I have been told they were not,but some nice houses were built,which was part of the plan,and Molesey's debts were cleared,not a bad thing at all.I STAND TO BE CORRECTED. ;) Bad Guy's get out phrase.

Possibly! Week in week out its people moaning about camberley's style of play if you don't like how they play don't watch them! simples now there's a choice!!!

Something of a sweeping generalisation there, I reckon. Some of us might have suggested if it succeeds, why would they care what anyone else thinks, whilst others point to the fact that it works....some moan, others don't.

Smudge, you need to let go of that bone! The person you state as being NG/BG is not the one, as he attends virtually all of our games, so could not possible be attending the matches in question. We have trained the last two Saturdays and been back at the club after so he certainly was not at the games, whereas NG/BG obviously was. Unfortunately, your determination that he is the one has had the normal effect on people ignorant of the actual facts - FARCICAL - and they jump on your bandwagon and make themselves look stupid with their comments.

With regard to Camberley, or any other team, and their style I cannot understand the problem people have. If you are a supporter you can make your own choice. If you are the opposition it is up to the manager to choose how to play against your opponents and decide whether you stick with your system week in week out, or adapt for specific games/opposition. I either watch myself or have a scout watch every opponent that we have played this season, so have an idea of the various styles of play. We then deal with that and hopefully get a positive result and if we don't get that we will look at ourselves rather than moan about the opponents style. As for our style, it is certainly not special, but we work hard on and off the pitch and so far this seems to be working. Today is effectively the start of the second phase of the season, so that could all change, certainly not the hard work but possibly the rewards we get.

Final note on Camberley. I think we play them towards the end of the season, at home, and I honestly hope that both of us are still in with a shout of the title because it will be a cracking game and one really worth watching.

Smudge, not sure what your issue with the club itself is. The pitch has been moved up a bit. The houses are now mostly built and some up for sale. We have some new lights, new fencing and the place does look a lot tidier all round. Not sure about the improvements being "lauded" but the process has made it possible for the club to continue.You would not begin to understand what some of the people have gone through over the last 10 years or so, and certain individuals have worked harder to keep the club going than many of us would ever know and certainly done this purely for the sake of the club and community. Their efforts deserve more than snide comments being made from the keyboard of a laptop but unfortunately this is all part of life now.

Anyway, off to have a shower and get ready for our game with Spelthorne which should be a good one. Now, where are those notes? 

Steve,you stick up for Peter all of the time,you are right he cannot of been at those games,and I have never said he was.

He has a canny knack of reporting on games that he has said he was attending,after someone else has posted a report,or video.Every game he states he is going to,no one has ever met him,knows who he is etc,I will say it again Bad Guy is Peter Lelligot,like Hammer59 is Steve Webb,Smudge is Peter Eaton and proud of it.Can find many posts on here as regards Spelthorne,Windsor,Camberley,Cove,Ashford,but alas not one re Molesey,Why would that be?

Edited by Smudge

ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES at Frimley Green yesterday!

Steve,you stick up for Peter all of the time,you are right he cannot of been at those games,and I have never said he was.

He has a canny knack of reporting on games that he has said he was attending,after someone else has posted a report,or video.Every game he states he is going to,no one has ever met him,knows who he is etc,I will say it again Bad Guy is Peter Lelligot,like Hammer59 is Steve Webb,Smudge is Peter Eaton and proud of it.Can find many posts on here as regards Spelthorne,Windsor,Camberley,Cove,Ashford,but alas not one re Molesey,Why would that be?

Glad I can remember who I am. !!

Went to watch hanworth cambo Saturday, although their first intention is to get the ball forward they did pass it around well once they got in the oppositions final third, playing with good width. For me, the key thing for any team playing against them would be to play a high defensive line, this would obviously have to be worked on previous but should make the long kick less effective. I would ask a centre midfielder to drop in to make it a back 5 on all set pieces where they look to kick long and effectively defend as a 4-5-1, converting back to whatever formation you play when in possession. They often throw the ball back to the keeper from throw ins anywhere in their half so getting a striker to block that is an easy win for any team. Also avoid giving anyway any needless throw ins in your final third as they will fill the box and cause trouble.

Second balls are a must win for any team looking to be successful against them, they often win the first ball due to the keepers accurate kicking and intelligence to isolate their strongest header of the ball with the defences weakest, usually a full back. Once a long ball has been played forward, it would be important to drop off anticipating them winning the header and concentrating more on winning this second ball, sounds simple but having watched them a few times this season it's surprising how many times teams will try and compete with them aerially and come off second best.

As I said they do lack a bit pace all over the pitch so if you are able to get good possession to your quick players I feel you can cause them problems, the centre halfs are strong with most things in front of them but anything down the sides or over their head exposes a weakness.

Sorry to go on and on but couldn't sleep