Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smudge

Non League Football is almost on its knees,yet if the latest proposals,come to fruition ie televising 3pm K.O's of Premier League games,the final nail will be dealt to the game we love.The FA,Premier League,talk about RESPECT,GRASSROOTS,but the bottom line with them is ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££.If this happens we will have wall to wall football 7 days a week available on TV.

There's probably at least one pub or club in every town that's already showing live games at 3pm and these days there are plenty of websites where games are streamed live.

Can't see this making any difference.

Non-league football isn't 'almost on its knees'. You only have to look at attendances in the past compared to now to see that. 30 years ago the average crowd in the Conference was 775, last season it was 1866. Conference North had the second highest average since it started last season, Conference South was down last season, but not much different from when it started. the only step 3/4 league that's really gone down in recent years is the Southern League.

I'm not denying plenty of clubs are struggling, at lower levels in the pay to play leagues there are serious issues, but non-league football as a whole isn't doing as bad as everyone says.

Edited by VPCTFC

Wall to wall football is already available if you have an internet connection. I enjoy my Saturday afternoons watching Windsor play so I see no reason why I would want to sit in a pub and watch a game between say Stoke and Aston Villa which would bore me to tears. And I refuse to give Sky any money whatsoever while Murdoch has anything to do with them.

It will not affect the true football fan in my opinion, and that's what fans of non-league are. All it does is gives the pub 'experts' something to talk about on a Saturday night. The Man United fans from Hampshire, the Liverpool fans from Surrey and the Newcastle fans from Sussex will be fine. The game can do without them anyway!!!

Edited by Bronco

Brilliant... Because you prefer watching CCL level football and I prefer watching Premier league level football that makes you more a football fan then me.

You get the best of both worlds when you're a QPR fan - Premier League club playing CCL level football  ;)

It will not affect the true football fan in my opinion, and that's what fans of non-league are. All it does is gives the pub 'experts' something to talk about on a Saturday night. The Man United fans from Hampshire, the Liverpool fans from Surrey and the Newcastle fans from Sussex will be fine. The game can do without them anyway!!!

Why does the level of football you watch have any bearing on being a 'true' football fan or not? Inverted snobbery from fans of non- league football is as ugly to me as Home Counties Man Utd fans telling us they're not in it for the glory. If you pay to go and watch a game, you're a football fan to me, Every level of football has casual onlookers, keen followers and the unhealthily obsessed. Personally, most top flight football isn't my thing, but I'm sure many who watch would be true football fans by most people's definition.

The 'true' football fan goes out in the wet and cold, and watches ANY type of football including, or more so, non league football. We can all be 'true' football fans sat in a pub, or at home in the warm and dry watching Premiership football. We can all be massive supporters of our teams if they are on the TV every Saturday. Pay £50 a month to Sky and you're a 'true' football fan? Because these are the people I am talking about.

Brilliant... Because you prefer watching CCL level football and I prefer watching Premier league level football that makes you more a football fan then me.

Which bit of my statement didn't you like? Was it the Man United fans from Hampshire or Liverpool fans from Surrey bit? I apologise for both. You prove there are indeed Liverpool fans in Hampshire as well.

The 'true' football fan goes out in the wet and cold, and watches ANY type of football including, or more so, non league football. We can all be 'true' football fans sat in a pub, or at home in the warm and dry watching Premiership football. We can all be massive supporters of our teams if they are on the TV every Saturday. Pay £50 a month to Sky and you're a 'true' football fan? Because these are the people I am talking about.

Each to their own, I suppose. The idiot box wouldn't do it for me, but not sure I can demonise them for exercising their right to choose

3pm televised games will mean fewer fans inside stadiums. It would be mad to think otherwise.

I would argue that a lot of non league fans follow another team as it is, but there will only be one match showed and I can't believe that a someone who watches non league football but  "supports" Chelsea or Man U will not attend their local club as he was enticed by Stoke v Hull.

Money and TV has damaged football so much already that football outside of the Premiershit is suffering at every level you go.

Just being in a CCL bar at half or full time tells you that most people care more about Premiershit results than the game they have just watched.

Be interesting to see how many people have their CCL team as their one and only team they follow.

Having been born in West Derby in Liverpool and moved to this area at 7 does that mean I should be supporting another side rather then the club from the city I was born in? I think what annoyed me about your post is the fact that I have played since I was 5 and although I am only ;) 30 now I am still playing, this might not sound great but I have had more major injuries then you could imagine and have had to drop down quite a few levels to keep playing, now if I didn't truly love football then I think many in my position would of called it quits. During one of my longer injuries (a double ankle break) I took on managing a side at local level because I was going mad not being involved at all. When I get home from playing I always check local results from the combined counties down to Sunday league Aldershot & District Div 5. But regardless of all this because I prefer watching a higher standard of football I am not a true football fan?

P.S on the note of watching in the wind,rain etc etc, I would love to watch Liverpool week in week out but I simply cannot afford to.

You say watch any football? I presume you are seen regularly on Sunday morning watching a local div 5 Sunday league game?

Still play Sunday mornings (41 before you ask). Then straight from that to watching my son play in NEHYL. That is after having watched him play on a Saturday morning, my own coaching duties on a Saturday afternoon and the two nights a week he trains outside, one of which followed by my own coaching duties again. Sorry to hear about the injuries. I have had my fair share myself.

Edited by Bronco

Having been born in West Derby in Liverpool and moved to this area at 7 does that mean I should be supporting another side rather then the club from the city I was born in? I think what annoyed me about your post is the fact that I have played since I was 5 and although I am only ;) 30 now I am still playing, this might not sound great but I have had more major injuries then you could imagine and have had to drop down quite a few levels to keep playing, now if I didn't truly love football then I think many in my position would of called it quits. During one of my longer injuries (a double ankle break) I took on managing a side at local level because I was going mad not being involved at all. When I get home from playing I always check local results from the combined counties down to Sunday league Aldershot & District Div 5. But regardless of all this because I prefer watching a higher standard of football I am not a true football fan?

P.S on the note of watching in the wind,rain etc etc, I would love to watch Liverpool week in week out but I simply cannot afford to.

You say watch any football? I presume you are seen regularly on Sunday morning watching a local div 5 Sunday league game?

So basically you fit in to what I would consider to be a true football fan then?

Everyone who posts on this Forum is a True Football Fan in one way or another,including Players,Management,Referees,Club Administrators.The main point of this thread was aimed at the Greed of the FA,Premier League,Sky Sports etc wanting saturation Football 7 days a week.

...I think I'd worry about anyone wanting seven days a week football for any other reason than greed. Clearly, the premier league and Sky are just about milking football for as much as they can drain out of it, although if the sponsors, advertisers and their  prey (punters) turned their backs on overkill, the old farts at the FA would soon be back pedalling on their latest brainwave, I'm sure.

...I think I'd worry about anyone wanting seven days a week football for any other reason than greed. Clearly, the premier league and Sky are just about milking football for as much as they can drain out of it, although if the sponsors, advertisers and their  prey (punters) turned their backs on overkill, the old farts at the FA would soon be back pedalling on their latest brainwave, I'm sure.

Agreed, although I still think there are enough armchair fans to stop Sky giving a toss.