Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

On Reflection

Yes. It’s been another great season. On the whole, every year we seem to achieve that bit extra and reaching the 3rd round FA cup now looks like the pinnacle this season. <p>High points for me have been:-<p>Seeing Dicksy play.

Beating Wigan, Northampton and worrying Burnley.

Taking the season right to the last day.<p>The highlight though was having Canvey on Match of the Day Live. Who would of thought this some time ago. Although there was criticism on the day from various people about our team, the ground and the Island itself, I will now watch the video now and again with a certain amount of satisfaction. As for letting the whole country know who and where Canvey Island is, well we have nothing more to achieve in that department for a while. In fact, a lot of jealousy has probably arisen from the way we have captured headlines and been on live national TV. Something that not many clubs outside of Nationwide Division 1 can ever boast. <p>The low point has been after the Burnley game where we have had spells of inconsistency and not being able to have quite that same belief as before the Burnley game.<p>It seems that again for one reason or another a cup run has had a large affect on our chance of going up this year. It’s very difficult to do well in both major cups and the league and not let one suffer. Burton have done well but maybe the Unibond was quite weak overall.<p>Is it time to think of a strategy for next year? To give the best chance for getting promoted, should we just forget all cup runs and exit early. Farnborough got knocked out very early of both the major cups and Gravesend reached very respectable rounds but two rounds less than us in the FA cup. I think a decision has to be made on either a cup run or the league.<p>I read somewhere that Jeff will look to sign 3 or 4 players next season. I just hope we are lucky enough again to have players that can come in and jell together. Pre-Burnley, the squad should be good enough to win next year but we said this last season as well and look what has happened. Will there be another surprise package from another club next year? We should bring in a some players to create that edge again but maybe it’s time for some fringe players to go.

i agree with your high point`s for sure,the burnley game for me was the high light as they were 2nd from top in the first,and they had trouble coping with us.i think over the last 6-8 weeks some player`s have shown there worth and other`s haven`t,i`m sure 4 or 5 player`s will go and will be replaced with one`s that can take us where we should be today.it`s a shame to break up a team as good as this but as weve seen lately they have been 2nd best in game`s we would have walked in dec or jan.good luck to those who leave and see you in next year`s campaign.

i think a few of the more established faces may be on their way to other ryman clubs.. expect to see a few turn up at grays riccay or braintree maybe even at bishops s. .. i can see a young team playing ever more attacking football next season. i also expect at least 2 defenders to turn up, one of which will be in the bodders mould..or maybe a defensivly biased central midfielder