Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

17th January Results

Smudge

Excellent report Chris.  I think your guys deserved a replay for their showing. 

To be fair, Ascot are a good side but we battled hard which is the basic request of our guys this season.

Good news for Westfield who we now visit next Saturday. Good win for them yesterday so another tough game ahead for us. I like them though and enjoy visiting Woking Park.

Good to see you yesterday and I hope you make the game Wednesday week at Wibbandune. That should be a good 'un too!

FA Website said A v A,more importantly presume you will get the 3 pts,but with it being so tight at the Top.Goal difference could be a decider,do they give you any goals as well as the points?

To be honest I'm not sure. A few years ago Croydon cried off and we got nothing except the game played later in the season on a Wednesday night and we only drew that one. I suppose the fact that team sheets - well ours at least - had been handed in and the lads were literally coming in from the warm up, plus the referee had told us that the game was going ahead as they had the minimum requirement to start - could mean that they would give us the points. However, my recollection from the past is that it would be something like a 2-0 which, with due respect, we would have hoped to have bettered on the day anyway. Certainly had the game gone ahead with the seven men we would have been disappointed with 2-0. Problem is that, whilst goal difference could come into it, should we have to play them later this season they may be in a better position team-wise, as they appear to have at least one excellent candidate looking for the job (Don't ask me to disclose any names).

We feel that effectively the game was live and should have gone ahead under FA rules - remember they ultimately refused to play - so the points should go to us and the goal difference is something we will have to deal with by trying to win games that are coming up. 

If they had seven they should have played shouldn't they? 

As above, yes. Let's make it clear though, the lads there on the day are not the culprits and it possibly wasn't a very enticing prospect having to go out and play a game in such circumstances. However, rules are rules, but we will see what happens when the management committee meet up.

At least it was not too bad a day elsewhere for us as far as certain results went, I just hope we get the chance to take out our frustrations on Tuesday night against Epsom in the Surrey Senior Cup.

To be fair, Ascot are a good side but we battled hard which is the basic request of our guys this season.

Good news for Westfield who we now visit next Saturday. Good win for them yesterday so another tough game ahead for us. I like them though and enjoy visiting Woking Park.

Good to see you yesterday and I hope you make the game Wednesday week at Wibbandune. That should be a good 'un too!

Be good to see you Chris. There will be a warm welcome as always.

FA Website said A v A,more importantly presume you will get the 3 pts,but with it being so tight at the Top.Goal difference could be a decider,do they give you any goals as well as the points?

To be honest I'm not sure. A few years ago Croydon cried off and we got nothing except the game played later in the season on a Wednesday night and we only drew that one. I suppose the fact that team sheets - well ours at least - had been handed in and the lads were literally coming in from the warm up, plus the referee had told us that the game was going ahead as they had the minimum requirement to start - could mean that they would give us the points. However, my recollection from the past is that it would be something like a 2-0 which, with due respect, we would have hoped to have bettered on the day anyway. Certainly had the game gone ahead with the seven men we would have been disappointed with 2-0. Problem is that, whilst goal difference could come into it, should we have to play them later this season they may be in a better position team-wise, as they appear to have at least one excellent candidate looking for the job (Don't ask me to disclose any names).

We feel that effectively the game was live and should have gone ahead under FA rules - remember they ultimately refused to play - so the points should go to us and the goal difference is something we will have to deal with by trying to win games that are coming up. 

If they had seven they should have played shouldn't they? 

As above, yes. Let's make it clear though, the lads there on the day are not the culprits and it possibly wasn't a very enticing prospect having to go out and play a game in such circumstances. However, rules are rules, but we will see what happens when the management committee meet up.

At least it was not too bad a day elsewhere for us as far as certain results went, I just hope we get the chance to take out our frustrations on Tuesday night against Epsom in the Surrey Senior Cup.

Steve - did the ref tell them to start the game though? Did they even get changed?

Let's get this right, I am not digging out anyone who was there, one of which was Duncs.

The referee told us that he had confirmed to Frimley that the game would go ahead as they met the criteria as far as numbers went.

I was in our changing room doing the set plays whilst our lads warmed up and my main concern was having to make sure our lads went out with the right attitude, in view of the circumstances. I cannot honestly say whether or not the players they had there actually changed.

The Frimley people at the game were very apologetic and, as I said earlier, they are not the ones at fault as such. 

It was very frustrating all round as a lot of work goes into organising a game these days but, with the recent wet weather followed up by a severe frost, it was an even greater effort that was required by the people at the club to get the place ready.

Enough said now, we move on to Tuesday night and leave yesterday in the hands of the CCL committee.

What did happen at molesey yesterday?

Are frimley allowed to play with 7?

Feel sorry for the 7 players that turned up.

Dave,hammer59 has told you all what happened,Frimley only had 7 players and refused to play.Only 1 winner in this,the League coffers.Was Duncs even there?

He has Smudge, I like to have both sides if I can though.

Darren is right, the rot had set in a while ago there and it's not Duncs fault.

Good luck whoever takes it on.