Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

17th January Results

Smudge

I moved on last Thursday as they would not commit to making us permanent and that's all I will say on the matter

I moved on last Thursday as they would not commit to making us permanent and that's all I will say on the matter

There was a similar situation in this League a year or two back when Badshot Lea failed to fulfil at Horley.

I believe Horley were awarded the points with a 0-0 scoreline and I imagine there was probably a fine too which ITK may be able to confirm?

Having said that, it all depends on the circumstances and that's why we have a Management Committee. For example, say there had been an accident on the way to the ground and four players were caught up in either the accident itself or a tailback. There can be a number of reasons why a team is short.

However, if they were short and said there were no more coming as is suggested here, it looks like Molesey will get the points with no difference to their GD which isn't the worst result bearing in mind that their GD is already the best in the League. If it is awarded with 0-0 at least it will be one less fixture to play.

Back to Epsom now. The match report from our defeat to Farnham Town is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN138.html

We continue to miss suspended players, just the three midfielders this time, but that aside, I make two further observations:

1) Farnham looked a very good side, especially going forward. A top half finish awaits them at this rate, maybe at our expense.

2) How good must Badshot Lea be right now? Anyone who beats this Farnham team 7-0 must be playing at a level way above this league. Pity for them that the best they will get this season appears to be sixth place. The goal they conceded to Cove was the first since we got two penalties against them on 13th December and they are scoring for fun. Cove won't be the last team they upset this season and if I was Corinthian Casuals (their SSC oponents) I'd be worried right now.

Edited by E&E Rich

There was a similar situation in this League a year or two back when Badshot Lea failed to fulfil at Horley.

I believe Horley were awarded the points with a 0-0 scoreline and I imagine there was probably a fine too which ITK may be able to confirm?

Having said that, it all depends on the circumstances and that's why we have a Management Committee. For example, say there had been an accident on the way to the ground and four players were caught up in either the accident itself or a tailback. There can be a number of reasons why a team is short.

However, if they were short and said there were no more coming as is suggested here, it looks like Molesey will get the points with no difference to their GD which isn't the worst result bearing in mind that their GD is already the best in the League. If it is awarded with 0-0 at least it will be one less fixture to play.

Back to Epsom now. The match report from our defeat to Farnham Town is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN138.html

We continue to miss suspended players, just the three midfielders this time, but that aside, I make two further observations:

1) Farnham looked a very good side, especially going forward. A top half finish awaits them at this rate, maybe at our expense.

2) How good must Badshot Lea be right now? Anyone who beats this Farnham team 7-0 must be playing at a level way above this league. Pity for them that the best they will get this season appears to be sixth place. The goal they conceded to Cove was the first since we got two penalties against them on 13th December and they are scoring for fun. Cove won't be the last team they upset this season and if I was Corinthian Casuals (their SSC oponents) I'd be worried right now.

Badshot Lea are very, very good at the moment. Tommo and Barney have managed to put together a team of mates who have all been proven at this level and some higher. Their keeper on Saturday was Somerville (just left Slough) and against Farnham was Luke Williams (now Slough) which shows they have a good network of players and, with the leagues most in form striker in Danny Turner hitting his 20th of the season, I bet they're gutted the season didn't start after 10 games.  

Edited by elnino

Was a feisty affair at Cove on Saturday with the in-from Baggies coming over to us. We started the brighter but lacked composure in front of goal and it was Baggy who took the lead through DT - good strike through a load of bodies following a half cleared corner. A few minutes later they increased their lead following a well worked set pieces and great block on our marker. In that period they had another good chance but as expected we got on top and were banging on the door fairly hard before two moments that changed the game entirely. 

A Lea player produced a shocking tackle of Jeff Paris, high (above the ankle) and late on the standing foot....at any level other than ours he goes automatically. Some refs in this league give those others don't - yellow card produced. On 35 minutes Toby Janaway went in high and late in the same area on the pitch. The ball had bounced and was high - was there to be won and Toby didn't win it and caught Gav Muir, difference being not on the standing leg and not a leg breaker. Red card produced. 

For me and it isnt rose tinted - Tobys was the lesser of the tackles but if the first player goes and the ref sends Toby then fair enough but we felt massively hard done by. Toby has been a clown in the past and his reputation proceeds him a lot and I think it was a case of this....

Forgetting the small stuff the referee wasn't strong enough for a game that was always going to be played with that little edge to it and we are disappointed in his inconsistency. I will say the ref didn't lose us the game - we did that by conceding two from set plays in a game we were relatively comfortable in albeit a 15 minute window in which they scored twice. Despite being a man down we went on to hit the bar, miss from a yard out and have other good opportunities. What the ref did was deny us the opportunity to get back into the game and expose areas we thought we could get joy out of.

All in all a day were nothing went right for us but we will live to fight another day. 

With Jake Baxter returning after a 10 week lay off, Michael Buck playing back to back games for the first time this season and Jack Coventry finding his fitness we will press on til the bitter end. If anyone thinks our recent slump in form is to do with the promotion issues that would be misplaced. We were bare-bones against Westfield, guilty of 4 out 5 defenders (inc GK) having stinkers against Ashford and showing massive disrespect and being outworked by a decent Farnham team. I expect us to find our form again very soon (we are a better team now than this time last season when we went 15 wins on the bounce) and this is achievable...obviously it isn't in our hands anymore and I do think Camberley will extend their winning run for some time yet so for us and others its about staying in it (thats not saying Molesey can't do the same as Camb).

Will make for an interesting run in that's for sure.

Lastly, credit where its due and the turnaround at B Lea is quite something. Tommo has galvanised them and they are playing for each other which goes a long way in this league. I anticipate them being top 6 this season and they will catch a few out whilst they are on this run. 

Horley Town 1 Windsor 2

A bit better performence but still lacked anything in midfield some strange subs! At least we scored and Windsor only got the winner through a penalty.

See Horley score below

Edited by Carthorse

Badshot Lea are very, very good at the moment. Tommo and Barney have managed to put together a team of mates who have all been proven at this level and some higher. Their keeper on Saturday was Somerville (just left Slough) and against Farnham was Luke Williams (now Slough) which shows they have a good network of players and, with the leagues most in form striker in Danny Turner hitting his 20th of the season, I bet they're gutted the season didn't start after 10 games.  

The Luke Williams situation raises an interesting point.  Slough were initially prevented in signing him at the end of last week due to the liquidators taking over his contract and according to Slough Towns joint-manager Jon Underwood not allowing him to play for anyone and wanting 14 days notice.

Now, Slough managed to get that sorted and he was able to play last Saturday, but what clearance did Badshot Lea get to be able to play him?

This isn't just something that I have pulled out of thin air, you can read the article at - http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2015/01/16/106802-slough-town-fc-suffer-double-scare/

With the weather and the way pitches are developing over the next few months, I believe Camberley are favourites. There style of play is suitable for the conditions.

Cove will come up short, due to not being strong enough at the back.

I believe Ashford will fall short due to the age and there style of play. They are not adaptable to the away pitches and all beit very good at home.

Molesey are the other team that could become dark horses.

With the results being so up and down with the top 6, could be a very interesting end to the season.

Is true, if 1st cannot be promoted. The next club eligible will be?

Is true, if 1st cannot be promoted. The next club eligible will be?

Any one of the top three can take the promotion place from step 5 these days.

Edited by VPCTFC

I've got to say that is fcuking hilarious coming from you.

Thing is Smudge, Duncs dished out a barrel load of patronising bullcrap to JJ a few weeks ago about his record in management if I recall correctly, and has regularly told us it's all about man management...

I have no idea who did / does what at Frimley but if Duncs was / is involved and if he did use his experience and man management skills on the squad it may be that others who have had THEIR management skills called into question by him might have a little smirk at his expense at last week's debacle.

But of course, all I'm doing is reading between the lines and may well be miles away from the truth.

If so, no big deal.

It's not as if I've called anyone a Kent now is it?

Edited by Rother

Most childish post I've ever read on here.

But you haven't been on here long.  :D

The thing about this forum is you can read good and bad posts depending on ones opinion.

And you do learn a lot about other clubs on here.

Duncs and weeble are trying get it right down there,as has been said it's not there fault.

I agree it would be good to have their point of view

Not even a thanks from Frimley Green fc,trouble is they didn't have enough players for a number of games including Dorking Reading Cove and of course Molesey,i signed on 6 last week,the problem is deep rooted and includes some people who have become disinterested in the club they run,7 players turned up for the Molesey game i had 15 on the friday night, out of the 7 one was not well and i decided he was unfit to play he is only 16 and got out of his sick bed to help thanks Dan and his dad Pat O'Brien,Andy was also not available for this game as he had to work after he agreed to give it another go after they would not make us permanent, so i had Mick and Steve helping me i would also like to thank them,i will finish here for now as i am still angry about the way i was lied to so that i would attend the mockery of an interview for the vacant managers role,thanks also to Paul Grace, Paul Edwards and Trevor Lewis true gentlemen with the clubs well being at heart,good luck to the new manager i sincerely hope he does well and gets the club up the league and away from the relegation zone.   

Just been informed of more lies from an FGFC club official,I would never even think about telling players not to play for the new guy the players i signed on are men and not silly little twats,what a thing to start putting around it is gross misconduct and the club should deal with this fool properly he can't keep on doing this because it is slander and i will get advice on what to do,