Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lee Protheroe

ronin

I always knew the guy was WAY to good to be sitting on the bench. (Personal opinion)

Our very own non-league Beckham and we dont even play him, can't say I blame him for wanting to go.

I hope he'll be back, I was thinking to myself this morning, maybe we could play him in some of our smaller games so he can prove just how good he is. Maybe fight for a first team place, at least come on as a sub... Good luck at Gravesend Lee, hope you get played!

I agree with Ronin. Protheroe isn't the best defensively but from freekicks in and around the box and set pieces he is deadly.

Certainly his crossing ability is second to none and he's good passer of a ball.

He'll do well at Gravesend.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I'll have to ask Gravesend for half my sponsorship money back!

Anyone else noticed that without Proths or Ross Johnson, Canvey do seem to lack creativity in the free-kick or throw-in situations? Proths once told me that at Aldershot he would spend an hour, after training, pracitising free-kicks and how to get around a 'wall'. He said that Canvey don't do the same sort of training.

Throw-ins, in particular, seem to be very hit or miss for Canvey. Back to thrower seems to be the order of the day/week/month/season.

However, when I am coach/manager of a team 13 points ahead at the top of the league, I will offer more formal suggestions to the club. Until them, isn't it lovely????????

Quote:
Merv said:
Looks like I'll have to ask Gravesend for half my sponsorship money back!

I think you should ask for it all back, Merv, considering the joint sponsor with yourself can't even attend home games!

i´d take mints n gooden on the free kicks over prothers.. having said that no probs in keeping a player in form in the conf.. who knows what this season may bring.. i see that the super scab miller is kissing some [****!!****] at the shots.. lets hope he dosent blub too much as he slams a 30 yarder in!!...

farnboro in the trophy followed by the fleet then the shots.. love to see it but it will never happen much like getting sarfend in the fa cup again right.._?

• 1 month later...