Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Badgers look for stabilityAshingtons Middleton Resigns

FF News

Retford United have held an emergency meeting this week in their first steps to stabilise the club after a dramatic few days at the Jones

Following a conversation this morning, the Chairman has accepted the resignation of first team manager, Gary Middleton.

Ashington Chairman Ian Lavery said,

"Gary served as manager for over five years and during that period took the club to three cup finals and won the Northumberland Senior Cup, for the first time in over thirty years, as well as firmly establishing Ashington as a top six side. During Gary's tenure the club recorded famous victories against clubs from higher leagues including Vauxhall Motors and Guisely in a memorable FA cup run that came to an end at Conference side Grimsby Town.

Gary has been a force for positive progress at Ashington and on behalf of everyone at the club I wish him every success for the future. I am sure that once he has recharged his batteries he will be back in the game and be a valuable asset to whoever secures his services."

Gary Middleton said,

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Ashington FC and feel the club moved forward during this period. Sometimes in life you get to the end of a road with nowhere to go and at present I feel that is the situation. I leave the club on the best possible terms and would like to thank the players and staff who have supported me during my time at Ashington.

Finally, the working relationship between myself, Ian Lavery and Peter Moran and the backing they have always given me has been second to non and I wish them and the club every success in the future."

In the short term first team affairs will be the responsibility of Dave Brown, Ashington Colliers manager whilst a permanent replacement is sought.

Anyone who wishes to apply for the post, of First Team manager, should do so in writing to Peter Moran, Vice Chairman Ashington Football Club care of NAMHA, 7 Esther Court, Wansbeck Business Park, Ashington, NE63 8AP . Closing date for applications - Friday 6th February 2015. All applications will be in the strictest of confidence

www.ashingtonafc.co.uk

Source

Archived