Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gloucester City Sign Two Strikers

FF News

Gloucester City are excited to welcome strikers Sahr Kabba and Mo Diop to the club.

Kabba joins from Conference National side Lincoln City on a contract until the end of the season.

A pocket dynamo forward who had a brilliant scoring record in the Conference South with Weston Super Mare and Havant and Waterlooville, where he played against the Tigers in FA Cup ties.

Kabba is described by Harris as a ‘pocket dynamo’ and admits it was a real battle to sign the much desired striker.

Tim Harris is thrilled to have both at the club after monitoring them for an extended period of time.

“I have been a fan of Sahr’s for a very long time and he is consistent performer at this level his scoring record at Havant and Weston proves that.

“There were many clubs were interested so we’re glad to have him at City.

“Femi Orenuga is a very good friend of his, and one of the reasons why he has come; he has incredible pace and I think will become a fan’s favourite in no time.

“It gives us serious competition up front and different options to choose from.”

The Bristol-born 25-year-old is delighted to have signed with the club and heralds Harris and Orenuga as the contributing factors.

“I am very happy to be at Gloucester City, it is a step in the right direction for my career; my aims are the score goals and simply play as much as I can,” Kabba said.

“Everyone who I spoke to who knew Tim explained how good a manager he is and I know Femi has loved his time here so far, so my mind was made up.

“I’ve played against Gloucester City before and was impressed by their team and the fans, who were excellent both home and away, now I can’t wait for them to watch me play home and away!”

Mor Serigne Diop, a 26-year-old native of France, has experience of playing in numerous European top leagues including the Ukrainian Premier League and the Belgian Pro League.

The tall striker has also played in France before moving into the English game, most recently with Hereford United.

“Mo Diop has a good pedigree and had been playing at Hereford United before their well documented problems and is very keen to get back into the game to get his career back on track.”

“He has a really big presence, standing 6’4’’ and he certainly has the potential to offer a different option for the team.”

Source

Archived