Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dover Boss Keeping Players Feet On the Ground

FF News

Dover are just two rounds away from playing at Wembley in the FA Trophy final after beating Woking 1-0 in Tuesday's third round replay at Crabble.

The reward for Chris Kinnear's side is a home clash – Whites' first of their FA Trophy campaign – against Conference South side Bath City on February 7.

Dover – who are into the quarter- finals for the only the second time in their history and the first time since 1998 – beat Bath three times last season, doing the double in the league and also beating them in the FA Trophy.

If they beat Bath, Dover will then face a two-legged semi-final with Wembley well within their grasp.

Dover manager Chris Kinnear Picture: Paul Amos
Boss Kinnear said: "It's a fantastic effort to have reached this stage and, as I said last week, there is no reason now why we can't go all the way and win it.

"It would be massive for the lads, the staff and the fans to experience to get to a Wembley final. There is no question about it.

"I'd love to do it too but it's not about me - it's all about the club as a whole.

"But now we've all got to put that thought out of our minds and focus on the job at hand, Saturday's league clash at Lincoln."

Source

Archived