Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Marine Take Two On Loan

FF News

EVO-STIK Northern Premier League Marine have brought in two more quality recruits on loan deals in the battle to preserve their top flight status..

The Mariners announced on Thursday that they'd struck a deal with Sheffield United to take striker Dan Cockerline, pictured in action for the Blades, on a work experience agreement and defender Liam Willis on a month's loan from Conference outfit Barrow AFC.

Tall, Warrington-based forward Cockerline, 18, has just completed a loan period at Premier Division rivals Grantham Town before the agreement to allow him to continue gaining experience at the Crosby club under manager Carl Macauley.

Liverpool-based Willis is a former youth player with Wigan Athletic who made made his Football League debut with Accrington Stanley in 2012 before moving on to Southport where he made 16 appearances in the Conference. He joined Barrow on contract in 2013 after a short loan period with them.

Marine Chairman Paul Leary said: "We are continuing with our efforts to improve the numbers and quality of our squad and the signing of Dan and Liam are welcome arrivals at the Arriva Stadium.

"Dan is an exciting youngster who will literally add height to the front-line and Liam is an experienced player who will add to our defensive options."

The third from bottom Mariners host King's Lynn Town on Saturday and Macauley is now looking forward to both players playing a part in their fight to avoid relegation.

He added: "I am pleased that Liam has agreed to join us and I thank the Sheffield United Academy staff for the agreement for Dan to sign for Marine on a work experience arrangement.

"These are two more signings for our club as I continue to sign players that will have an impact on our fortunes."

Source: David Watters

Source

Archived