Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hx 2 VCD 0

cup of tea

Relief - the way our season has gone I fully expected VCD to nick a goal in the last minute. Awful ref, pitch not the best and their goalkeeper had a blinder. First half think we edged it second half we increasingly put the pressure on. Well done hx, George deserved that goal as well

morale of this game was keep battling for 90 minutes, on another day George would of had about 5 goals their keeper was outstanding,downside crowd 112, good entertainment just need to get a run together

Excellent result, we had the edge once we scored.

Looking round the ground today it was pretty shocking how few people are coming to watch us.

It seemed like half the crowd was standing in the singing section of the eastside.

I still feel as enthusiastic, so am wondering what it is that is making some people not fancy it.

Great result for your lot in a real 6 pointer which makes the crowd of 112 unbelievable! !

without being disrespectful my mrs has got more handbags than that ! (Im not kidding either)

a hard earned 3 pts  but best team on the day  won and even though  pitch was in bad shape  we did try  and play a bit of football at times... 112  ?  a mix of things  a poor season in the league and a general  loss of interest ,  bad weather  i was in 2 minds if the game  would be  once the snow  started around 2.15  as many games  had been cancelled already  plus daggers crowd was  bigger  than  normal  as  it was the annual  adults £2.50 kids 50p  game  

Weather, league position and in particular the Dagenham effect certainly had a big influence on the attendance. I reckoned on about 130-140 when I got to the Eastside, knew it was going to be bad. Unless you're Maidstone/Dulwich/Margate then crowd levels are going to be an issue for all the clubs in the RPL.

There's no life in the place.

Even 2 years ago,we had a lively forum,people talked about football,plenty of input,just like most other decent clubs.

Now.....we have a forum only a handful of people visit because it's deemed no good anymore so people don't bother posting on it,hence people don't seem to chat about away games,look forward to home games,even get any info....I said this would happen but no one listens.

Fans of football clubs like to talk about their club,stopping fans doing so only ends up one way......yes,being down the bottom doesn't help and the weather doesn't help and dagenham and the opposition doesn't help but a crowd of 112,didn't think I would see that on a Saturday mid season again.

There's no life in the place.

Even 2 years ago,we had a lively forum,people talked about football,plenty of input,just like most other decent clubs.

Now.....we have a forum only a handful of people visit because it's deemed no good anymore so people don't bother posting on it,hence people don't seem to chat about away games,look forward to home games,even get any info....I said this would happen but no one listens.

Fans of football clubs like to talk about their club,stopping fans doing so only ends up one way......yes,being down the bottom doesn't help and the weather doesn't help and dagenham and the opposition doesn't help but a crowd of 112,didn't think I would see that on a Saturday mid season again.

Bring back the Romford 1

Honestly, I along with a hundred or so have not been on the Forum for ages or indeed to The Bridge.  In my opinion there are a few reasons for this, some of which have been mentioned before.  Problem is, does anyone care?

We are in the competitive entertainment sector.  I'm thinking, its about time I went so what about this Saturday?  Just checking and I can see Spurs v Arsenal and Liverpool v Everton live on TV.  Doesnt help does it?

Why would you want to watch football on the telly, surely you must be sated with it by now.

Come down to Bridge Avenue and meet yer old mates

i think it  just about somes up the feeling around the place  standing in the freezing cold at half listening  to '' i dont like cricket  i love it '' playing over  the P.A   :D , and despite  comments made ,  debate  on a forum  good or  bad  doesnt stop people  going to  games its all about making things interesting , with  my other club  the main forum  the '' shrimperzone '' makes any negative comments on here  seem like play school stuff  and believe me  thats even after southend have won 2 or 3-0 but the crowds  keep going up  and the forum is buzzing everyday........

I do feel that I have to be careful over what I put on here, suspect that any comments won't affect the club adversely so why not have more freedom?

Our forum was much better when your (ex) fowl mouth yob was spouting his rubbish every day. Shame he grew up really.

112, well the reason is simples, Our club never seems to be far away or associated with controversy.  Every time this happens more fans desert. It's very sad when people work there socks off to keep the club alive and then the club shoots itself in the foot. As much as I love my club at times I  am embarrassed by the club badge 'A GOOD NAME ENDURRATH'  should be 'SHOOTIS INIS FOOTIS'. I have never said anything negative before on this forum but after a recent incident  a few weeks ago its testing my loyaliy.

Archived