Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cobham FC now a farce!

I have been told the following from a PAYING member of cobham fc. There was an emergency meeting tonight at cobham to vote for elected chairpersons and board members due to an injunction against the club. The old manager Barry Wilde I believe he was had been sacked and taken them to court and then this meeting was held. It was a members only meeting in house. Apparently the old manager had made over 70 signings this season already and these players were also members automatically because of they are players. A vote was declared on positions within the club and behold the players that played for the old manager all turned up and piled into cobham to vote for these positions to uproar of existing paying members of cobham who were out numbered by past players who apparently had been de registered !!! On top of that apparently the old manager is in limbo with the new chairperson who amazingly got the vote because of the amount of players that he had signed on so the existing paying Members votes where overshadowed of who they wanted. He is not sure what's happening with the current regiime that was originally keeping the club going. Ken and tony where overseeing it and they had hired some old guard players that used to play there mark remnant and Pete Ruggles where co running it. Apparently there jobs are up for vote to! I am also led to believe there where bouncers act cobham hired by the old manager!! Wonder who was really running this show at cobham? I was informed by a cobham member tonight who was there don't think he's going to be a member for much longer either. why pay when your vote is over run by players who don't pay or even de registered from the club!!! Ones got to think if this is that easy to over run a club by simply voting with loads of players you sign in then this can happen anywhere surely ? Shame as it was once a good run club.

I would suggest a look at the club's constitution - surely players should have been made associate members (given everything bar a voting right) but also have the opportunity to take out a fully paid membership should they choose.

The constitution upholds last nights vote. The state the club was left in, lack of finance and future and their conduct justify why the vote went against the old guard. Don't rely on rumours and lies as set out at the start of this thread. Football will always be the winner and truth will always shine bright.

After being at the emergency meeting last night in Cobham's clubhouse with about 100 people, 3 bouncers (hired by ex manager), and 2 police officers I feel like I need to inform everybody what happened.

The meeting was held by the "director of football" and there were votes held by every "member" in the room to elect a Chairperson, Secretary, and Treasurer. I believe this had been to court and was decided that this is the way to resolve it.

The ex-manager turned up with a bus full of previous players plus a load of others (about 70 in total) to vote for himself to be elected in. All of these players are de-registered so are no longer any part of Cobham FC however apparently the "constitution" still includes them as they have not been transfered anywhere. This list did not even include one of the current managers Mark Remnant or either of the coaches, they were then asked to leave by the bouncers! I have no idea how this list was produced or how but surely people de-registered to the club should be not involved.

What I cannot understand is why 70 ex players would turn up to vote their old manager back in? 70 does not go into 11 starting places on a Saturday so how do they all think they are getting a game? It is so clear and obvious that the ex manager is going through all of this time and money to setup a ground where he can play competitive games for his academy every week. Therefore players will come in and out just like he admitted there had been 200 players down this season already at training and pre-season. So what does that mean for Cobham FC... The club is just going to be turned into an academy rather than a proper CCL club. I'm not sure how the president does not see that or whether he has been somehow convinced.

Over the last month Cobham FC has been run like a proper club. A tight group of about 16-18 players, all training, all playing, and all in the clubhouse after the game enjoying some banter and a couple of drinks. The joint managers Peter Ruggles, Mark Remnant, and the coaches have does an amazing job to get a scratch squad together and literally keep Cobham going and in the CCL. The 3 games they have played have been a win, draw, and loss.

I hope these facts can paint a picture of what is happening at Cobham FC and why people are doing all they can to prevent this from happening.

The constitution upholds last nights vote. The state the club was left in, lack of finance and future and their conduct justify why the vote went against the old guard. Don't rely on rumours and lies as set out at the start of this thread. Football will always be the winner and truth will always shine bright.

After being at the emergency meeting last night in Cobham's clubhouse with about 100 people, 3 bouncers (hired by ex manager), and 2 police officers I feel like I need to inform everybody what happened.

The meeting was held by the "director of football" and there were votes held by every "member" in the room to elect a Chairperson, Secretary, and Treasurer. I believe this had been to court and was decided that this is the way to resolve it.

The ex-manager turned up with a bus full of previous players plus a load of others (about 70 in total) to vote for himself to be elected in. All of these players are de-registered so are no longer any part of Cobham FC however apparently the "constitution" still includes them as they have not been transfered anywhere. This list did not even include one of the current managers Mark Remnant or either of the coaches, they were then asked to leave by the bouncers! I have no idea how this list was produced or how but surely people de-registered to the club should be not involved.

What I cannot understand is why 70 ex players would turn up to vote their old manager back in? 70 does not go into 11 starting places on a Saturday so how do they all think they are getting a game? It is so clear and obvious that the ex manager is going through all of this time and money to setup a ground where he can play competitive games for his academy every week. Therefore players will come in and out just like he admitted there had been 200 players down this season already at training and pre-season. So what does that mean for Cobham FC... The club is just going to be turned into an academy rather than a proper CCL club. I'm not sure how the president does not see that or whether he has been somehow convinced.

Over the last month Cobham FC has been run like a proper club. A tight group of about 16-18 players, all training, all playing, and all in the clubhouse after the game enjoying some banter and a couple of drinks. The joint managers Peter Ruggles, Mark Remnant, and the coaches have does an amazing job to get a scratch squad together and literally keep Cobham going and in the CCL. The 3 games they have played have been a win, draw, and loss.

I hope these facts can paint a picture of what is happening at Cobham FC and why people are doing all they can to prevent this from happening.

Interestingly,2 first time posters,with different opinions,just wonder if this could be UKFF by the back door.How will this affect Mole Valley and their groundshare.

Edited by Smudge

No idea who you are but you don't know as much as you think Easter. 1st post too!  :(  :ph34r:

Plenty of yardage left in this yet!

"Football will always be the winner and truth will always shine bright" ?????? Really?!! By the sound of it you were praying in the corner whilst this farce of a meeting went on

Make that 3 first time posters,be nice if they came on with their Real names though.

Interestingly,2 first time posters,with different opinions,just wonder if this could be UKFF by the back door.How will this affect Mole Valley and their groundshare.

Sutton Common Rovers FC next season Smudge. Do keep up  :D

Did anyone do a match report on the Ashford game,must say reading your reports,are the highlight of my week on here. ;)

This is the Ashford version

Ashford secured three valuable points on Saturday, beating a resilient Colliers Wood United side by four goals to one.

With Jack Beadle (suspended) and skipper Russell Canderton (injured) missing, the side had something of a new look to it with full back Bobby Dormer, signed from Camberley Town, starting at right back whilst up front Mark Bitmead and Dan Fleming were both fully recovered from injury and able to resume their fruitful partnership.  Mitchal Gough partnered Jack Mullan in central defence, whilst recent signing Sam Balfour, who would have an explosive impact later in the match, started on the bench.

Ashford had some good early chances to score but failed to do so and paid an early price when the visitors went ahead from the spot on 21 minutes, when Mario Embalo made no mistake with his 31st goal of the season!. It was Dormer who gave away the penalty as he tried to make a last ditch tackle and he was cautioned for his trouble although the excellent video of the match on the Fans Focus suggests that he actually got something on the ball.  To be fair, it did not look like that as it happened and nobody argued about the award.  The main feeling from the Ashford point of view was relief that Dormer was not dismissed as it must have been a close call.

Was it going to be another of those days when Ashford came to rue missed chances? Fortunately for the men in tangerine, it was not.  The equaliser arrived just six minutes later, again from the spot, when Dan Fleming was bundled over in the box.  Again it was not totally clear cut and whilst the defender could himself have been red carded, the sensible decision was a yellow.  Mitchal Gough made no mistake.

The scores remained level to half-time but Ashford had the ball in the net shortly after the break only to be ruled out for what must have been the tightest of offside decisions.  It did not take too long though before Ashford did take the lead, when Alex Fisher swung in a dangerous free kick.  It was only partially cleared and Max Webb smacked home the rebound from the edge of the penalty area.

The killer goal that gave Ashford a two goal cushion arrived just two minutes later when Bitmead, wide on the right, found Fleming who held it well before stroking it into Bitmead’spath for him to hammer home. 

Colliers Wood still looked good when going forward and when Dormer found himself dismissed for a second yellow, once again supporters’ nerves were a little frayed.  With the combative Elliott Jones now on in midfield and sub Sam Baffour starting to make his pace and presence felt down the right flank, it turned out there was no need to worry as a determined Ashford rearguard were never in serious danger and it was Baffour, who may be even faster than Samad Kazi, which is saying something, who ensured victory close to the end when he finished off a move involving Fisher and Bitmead, the latter somehow keeping the ball in play on the goal line before sending in a low cross.

4-1 may have been a little hard on the visitors who clearly have goals in them but they did not look so strong at the back at times and Ashford, unlike one or two previous matches, took their chances when they came and could have had more.  The Wood hit the bar on one occasion but Ashford were generally competent at the back yesterday.  Max Webb once again was voted the Supporters’ “Ashford Man of the Match” but Mitchal Gough, supreme at the back with Mullan, must have run him close.

Edited by Chris Clapham

I've met you a few times Smudge, you seem like a nice guy but is your name really smudge?

Any who....the main problem here is the welfare of Cobham FC and some bitter ex manager trying to bully himself back in by the sound of it. Say no to bullying.

As I said earlier, plenty of twists here yet to be had!

Chris you keep mentioning these "twists" what are they please? Smudge I can give you the first letter of my name as I fear for my life from these "bouncers" last night it begins with E

I can't put anything on here for obvious reasons and certainly not to anyone I don't know! Hope you can understand that.

If you are in the Cobham loop, you should be in the know already?  :ph34r: