Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Removed.....

Rich.m

I'm quite pleased it's gone. It was there long enough for everyone who wanted to to have their say. I don't think it really did anyone any favours.

Personally I'd quite like to see the recent Blogs on the OS removed as well for the same reasons.

I know there are a few differences of opinion but actually they are not that big and if people stopped throwing stones at each other and acted rationally I think they could be resolved in a civil manner.

Quite frankly, I found it all a bit sad and unnecessary ( including the use of inferred bad language on the official site)

However, when Soviet Union style censorship raises it's ugly head, I get irritated. Perhaps the individual who removed the item, should at least have the guts to come on here and explain his or her reasons.

agree with jl the blogs on the OS need to be removed as well, because its something that should never have made the public domain. There is a lot of stuff that doesn't and this should of been the same.

I'm not wanting this to start up again, but I would like to know who and why it has been removed?

Currently the OS reads, Questions answered per forum request, this needs to be addressed like the post has been.

Well the OS Blog has now been removed.

Dilbert, out of interest, apart from the famous Ian Wiles and yourself, who else has the ability to delete items on OUR forum?

Blue Pilgrim

Out of respect for the others that have the same rights as me, I am asking the administrator who performed the action to come forward and own up.  

Blue Pilgrim

Out of respect for the others that have the same rights as me, I am asking the administrator who performed the action to come forward and own up.  

Thank you Dilbert.  This isn't a 'witch hunt' but in deleting the item, the said individual must have realised that it would generate further questions. I happen to agree that this discussion on an open forum and on the OS wasn't really helping anyone or the image of the Club.  All that was needed in closing the debate, was a post to say just what I have written here.  simples 

to be honest I'm glad its been removed and i'm glad the os blog has also been removed.

We are a semi professional club, and it looks as if we are going to be a bit more professional wwhen going about our business, which can only be a good thing.

don't care who removed the thread it doesn't matter.

Well Barry it does matter - far more important than the subject itself

If we are going to have an open and honest debate on this site, I for one want to know who has editorial powers. They can remain anonymous, but lets have their Forum names. If they are not active on the Forum and have an official capacity in the Club, then they should be openly transparent.

Happy for the deletions to take place, but to do so without explanation, is not acceptable in a democratic society - unless of course it is a matter of National Security !!!.

Glad the rant's have been removed. It can't be good to have potential sponsors looking at the main site and seeing the very people that help in the background getting slated.

Brightside, you illustrate my point in two succinct sentences. In the first one you confirm what everyone appears to be in agreement with - ie the deletion. In the second one you refer specifically to the very sensitive debate subject, the mystery deleter was trying to kill. Surely that individual must now delete this thread as well?

May I suggest that when he/she does so, a short explanation and rallying message might kill off another "removed part two" thread being re-started.

COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!

Well I think this debate has run it's course, so I will take the opportunity of having the last word ( or maybe not).

I was not one of those involved with the issues at the centre of the debate. I became involved when the previous thread was deleted without explanation. In fact I agreed with the deletion as it was not doing our Club any favours. However if an item breaks the forum rules, it will be deleted but the contributor will be sent a message to say why it has been deleted.

In this case the item did not break forum rules, but someone chose to delete it without explanation, thereby breaching the freedom of speech on the Billericay Forum. That person had a golden opportunity to say why the thread was being deleted and issue a positive message to all supporters.

I would like to thank those individuals who have contacted me privately on this issue. COYB

Archived