Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Away

DaveS

Billericay's Essex County Cup tie away at Aveley was called off tonight, and has been rearranged for next Monday, 2nd March. This will mean that our league match at Billericay will have to be rearranged yet again.

The only mutual free midweek appears to be the 20th April.

Still, Terry's not too concerned, yet!

http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Margate-boss-insists-fixture-congestion/story-26070474-detail/story.html

i love any cup comp. but agree that to play perhaps semi final and final as pre-season games 9not friendlies ) would make sense.

The FA would no doubt say player registration issues-as probably a completely different team in august compared to april-but thats not an insurmountable admin issue surely.

Its like everyone moanig about world cup in december-great.got 7 years to sort it-so many  are just so afraid of the slightest change

Thanks for telling us when we can play our County cup semi final.

personally Id prefer it if the isthmian league had less teams, why on earth did they make it a 24 team league 2/3 years ago!!?

County cups have always been quite prestigious competitions where I come from, and should remain so.

Thanks for telling us when we can play our County cup semi final.

personally Id prefer it if the isthmian league had less teams, why on earth did they make it a 24 team league 2/3 years ago!!?

County cups have always been quite prestigious competitions where I come from, and should remain so.

just thoughts that's all, calm down.....

This happens every season,every season people harp on about a fixture pile up and trans struggling to complete their fixtures and every season the fixtures are completed on time and no one really suffers.

Ive never liked the fact that county cups take precedence over league games but they do because each club is assigned to their relevant county and the counties FA think it's important.

The clubs with the bigger squad if anything should fare slightly better if anything so what you all moaning about lol

I am not sure that Mr Proudfoot recognises that Margate have their own county cup semi final to play,and hopefully a final of same competition as well.

I think his point about going back to a 22 division league is well made though.

I can see us playing the U18's for this game along with a few senior players if thats the case.

yes would agree with that BGA......nice to win a cup or two but not going to jeopardize the more important issue of promotion are we  

Back to Billericay away, the Ryman League site has this match to be played on Thursday 9th April.

Us and Billericay do have the week of Monday 20th free, but I think that matches have to be rearranged within 6 weeks of the postponement. This will mean that we are left with 3 weeks with no midweek game, 3 weeks with 1 and 2 weeks with 2.

Apparently the League Cup semi final at Hendon has been arranged for Wednesday 11th March, just 2 days after our Kent Senior Cup semi final at Gillingham.

Not sure that the club share your enthusiasm Michael.

i simply want Margate to wim everything-best programme/ best photographs/ best ryman toilets/best changing rooms (that one may be a bit harder ) best coffee and catering facilities

Edited by michael

there were 22 margate players in the pre-match warm up on saturday.

by my reckoning, that means a strong team can be fielded for every game .

no real weak links in the squad-

no current pending suspensions-and apart from Nelson, all seem to be fit