Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 24th Feb:

Manors

A full list of fixtures for the 24th/25th February

PREMIER

Hartley Wintney v Guildford City

Knaphill v Frimley Green

Farnham Town v Ashford Town (middx)

Raynes Park Vale v Molesey

PREMIER CUP

Epsom and Ewell v Camberley Town

BERKS AND BUCKS CUP

Windsor v Newport Pagnell

DIV 1

Ash Utd v Chessington and Hook

Dorking v ukffc

Staines Lammas v Sheerwater

Southern Combination Cup

Old Hamptonians v Worcester Park @Hanworth Villa FC

WEDNESDAY 25TH

PREMIER CUP

Colliers Wood v Badshot Lea

As at 4.30 pm, I have been advised of (or found about) the following:

OFF

Prem

Farnham Town  v  Ashford

Raynes Park Vale  v  Molesey

Hartley Wintney  v  Guildford City

Knaphill  v  Frimley Green

Westfield  v  Bedfont Sports

S. Comb Cup

Old Hamptonians  v  Worcester Park (now next Tuesday)

ON

B & B Senior Trophy - SF

Windsor  v  Newport Pagnell

Div One

Ash United  v  Chessington & Hook

Staines Lammas  v  Sheerwater

ASSUMED ON

Prem Cup

Epsom v Camberley

Div One

Dorking  v  Cobham

Best to check though if travelling to any of the games still shown as on.

A host of games off again and it may not be the end of things. One of the problem is that grounds are wet and are just not getting a chance to dry out. The forecast here in Twickenham is some rain on five of the next ten days so still no prolonged respite. Added to this is early morning frost which causes it's own problems. Locally to my club Molesey, we are getting games called off at Met Police, Walton Casuals and Corinthian Casuals where the pitches are normally outstanding.

It may seem early to suggest this, but is there a case for maybe extending the league for just one more week, with the two final weeks already scheduled being moved back completely. I think that there could only be an issue with Epsom, as I think they are the only club who ground share with a club outside the CCL, so they would be guided by what fixtures Chipstead have.

The logic is that we would surely prefer the season to finish with all teams playing, so move the last two Saturday schedules forward and we will then get a Saturday just prior to that - plus the midweek - clear for clubs to catch up. Obviously we will have some who do not need this, but it will give a window of opportunity for Alan to get outstanding games played.

We then revert to the original schedule already set in stone and the season finishes as planned, only a week later.

This avoids simply fitting games in at the end where teams have actually been finished for a week or so, and we would hopefully be going into the last Saturday with everyone - apart from the odd one out in the premier still - playing, and maybe quite a few issues taking the league to a very interesting conclusion.  

Just a thought, but a serious one.

A host of games off again and it may not be the end of things. One of the problem is that grounds are wet and are just not getting a chance to dry out. The forecast here in Twickenham is some rain on five of the next ten days so still no prolonged respite. Added to this is early morning frost which causes it's own problems. Locally to my club Molesey, we are getting games called off at Met Police, Walton Casuals and Corinthian Casuals where the pitches are normally outstanding.

It may seem early to suggest this, but is there a case for maybe extending the league for just one more week, with the two final weeks already scheduled being moved back completely. I think that there could only be an issue with Epsom, as I think they are the only club who ground share with a club outside the CCL, so they would be guided by what fixtures Chipstead have.

The logic is that we would surely prefer the season to finish with all teams playing, so move the last two Saturday schedules forward and we will then get a Saturday just prior to that - plus the midweek - clear for clubs to catch up. Obviously we will have some who do not need this, but it will give a window of opportunity for Alan to get outstanding games played.

We then revert to the original schedule already set in stone and the season finishes as planned, only a week later.

This avoids simply fitting games in at the end where teams have actually been finished for a week or so, and we would hopefully be going into the last Saturday with everyone - apart from the odd one out in the premier still - playing, and maybe quite a few issues taking the league to a very interesting conclusion.  

This would involve old farts in charge of such weighty matters to actually think outside of their stiff boxes...so it will be no change to the planned end date, I would suspect.

Nope if Molesey have to play 8 games in 7 days so be it ;)

well done tonight Kroons after being 2 down at half time i believe,well done to Windsor  also, WTF Ash ? well done Chessy.

Interesting game at Chipstead. Epsom & Ewell well on top first half and 2-0 up but Cambo steam rollered them second half. Some on here may not like it, but it's very effective!

59 post="1974873" timestamp="1424804404"]

I heard that Chessington (10) have 19 home games (Epsom 9) to get in before the end of the season. Good effort by the Ash groundsman in getting the game on last night.

Windsor 3-2 Newport Pagnell

Windsor absolutely terrific in the 1st half, unrecognisable from the poor showing on Saturday against Knaphill. 100mph right from the start, high intensity from everyone and a 2-0 lead into HT which was thoroughly deserved.

2nd half a different story. Newport Pagnell upped their game and ours dropped - pretty quickly back to 2-2 and followed by some great chances squandered by NP.

We found our feet again as the half worn on without ever reaching the heights of the 1st half and finally got a penalty in the 93rd minute which was converted by Lazarczuk to save us all a late night of ET and poss pens, for which we were extremely grateful.

An enjoyable night.

The report from our 4-2 defeat to Camberley Town is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN142.html

A bizarre game and almost as if the two teams disappeared at half time and 22 different players came out. Whilst you see teams lose leads from time to time, I've never seen such a turnaround from the overall dominance of our boys to the way we were completely turned over by the end of it.

A quick point on hammer59's view on fixtures. I understand Molesey are a bit behind this year and that you have a vested interest in their progress. And yes it is a bit wet, but extending the season actually hampers teams like Windsor and Camberley who get their fixtures played. They can only watch while the other teams play catch up, knowing how many points they need to pass them.

Of course the season has been extended before, but only in really bad circumstances where many teams were affected. That is not the case this season. I don't believe we are near what happened in 2012/13 yet (I'm sure lazarus will confirm) and nowhere close to 2000/01. People forget that not so long ago, teams used to play more frequently at the end of seasons than they do now and many of these players still turn out for their Sunday sides so I don't buy the argument about players being overworked or tired.

Molesey have between 16 and 18 fixtures left to play in nine weeks, likewise Westfield, while RPV are out of cups so just have 15 left. Doesn't appear to be a case for an extension to me. Further North they have more trouble with outstanding fixtures, but I don't see an extension coming up there either, and barring a week or two of snow in the near future I don't believe there should be.

The only logical way around this with the number of postponements apparently increasing these days is to reduce the number of clubs in a Division. My personal preference (as part of a wider structure that you can see on our club website under the "Reshuffle?" section) is for 18 with a week at the end for playoffs, but as things stand the League has to give some serious thought to reducing the Premier to 20 and they have an ideal opportunity to do it this summer.

That way, everyone would know where they stood at the start of the season instead of moving the goalposts mid-season.

Ash 2-8 Chessington.. That's 27 goals conceded in 5 games for Ash. Goes to show the army lads aren't up to it at Combined Counties level.

If you thought i was Grumpy in may when Ash got relegated nothing compares to how Grumpy i am now, but at least something came out of the game, proves to people on twitter, club, facebook, that the Ash groundsman does have some idea what he's doing & its not too bad a s***hole of a pitch

A quick point on hammer59's view on fixtures. I understand Molesey are a bit behind this year and that you have a vested interest in their progress. And yes it is a bit wet, but extending the season actually hampers teams like Windsor and Camberley who get their fixtures played. They can only watch while the other teams play catch up, knowing how many points they need to pass them.

Of course the season has been extended before, but only in really bad circumstances where many teams were affected. That is not the case this season. I don't believe we are near what happened in 2012/13 yet (I'm sure lazarus will confirm) and nowhere close to 2000/01. People forget that not so long ago, teams used to play more frequently at the end of seasons than they do now and many of these players still turn out for their Sunday sides so I don't buy the argument about players being overworked or tired.

Molesey have between 16 and 18 fixtures left to play in nine weeks, likewise Westfield, while RPV are out of cups so just have 15 left. Doesn't appear to be a case for an extension to me. Further North they have more trouble with outstanding fixtures, but I don't see an extension coming up there either, and barring a week or two of snow in the near future I don't believe there should be.

The only logical way around this with the number of postponements apparently increasing these days is to reduce the number of clubs in a Division. My personal preference (as part of a wider structure that you can see on our club website under the "Reshuffle?" section) is for 18 with a week at the end for playoffs, but as things stand the League has to give some serious thought to reducing the Premier to 20 and they have an ideal opportunity to do it this summer.

That way, everyone would know where they stood at the start of the season instead of moving the goalposts mid-season.

Fair point, as ever, E&E.

Whilst it obviously does have an effect on us at Molesey, I was actually looking across both divisions when seeking a solution.

However, there are many other aspects to consider, as you rightly say, so we will work within the current schedule.

We now have Badshot Lea in the SSCup next Tuesday, so our game with Chertsey gets moved, but we will ultimately get them played so no real complaints.

I've been there before and sometimes the momentum gained by playing game after game can be an advantage - if you are winning, of course. I do agree that the call about fatigue is a false one as we all have reasonable size squads and it's not exactly every day.

Anyway, we'll hopefully see you on Saturday.

Archived