Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Spartans coach looks to bright future at Croft Park

FF News

New Blyth Spartans coach Lee Picton, has been massively encouraged by what he has seen at the club despite only being appointed a few days ago.

The former Whitley Bay double FA Vase winning defender said:”The players have responded very positively to some new ideas I have already introduced. They’ve been really receptive and hungry to learn, both individually and as a team. In fact everyone at the club, the Board, backroom staff and the players have made me feel really at home from day one.”

36 year old Lee is Academy Director/Head Coach at Monseaton Academy but has no doubts that his experience of playing non-league football and coaching at several levels will stand him in good stead at Croft Park.

“Jobs like the Blyth one don’t come up very often so I jumped at the chance. It felt instinctive,” he said. “I have had a strong desire to work at Blyth’s level and am confident that I can adapt. Plus I only stopped playing a few years ago so I can empathise with the players.

“My footballing philosophy is to play an attractive, fast-flowing attacking game. All my teams in the past have been played in this way. Before the Ramsbottom game I said the lads to express themmselves and show me what they could do. The results where there for all to see.”

Source: www.blythspartansafc.co.uk

Source

Archived