Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Osborne delight at Dabbers return

FF News

Nantwich Town's new signing Elliott Osborne is delighted to return to the club following a spell at Evo-stik First Division South side Newcastle Town.

He trained with club on Tuesday and Thursday ahead of the trip to Matlock Town on Saturday.

In an exclusive interview with www.nantwichtownfc.co.uk he said: “I know Parky [Phil Parkinson] quite well. He was with me at Newcastle Town and I like the way he goes about things.

“It’s local club for me, only about 10 minutes away.

“I feel it’s a great club and they have great facilities”

Having trained with Nantwich Town in pre-season, he already knows a couple of his new teammates.

But was delighted with the welcoming return he got at the Weaver Stadium.

“It been really nice,” he said. “I met them on Tuesday and they have been very welcoming.

“There are some new faces.

“But there are a couple that I knew from pre-season. I was only there for a short period and I know of a few of them.”

Nantwich make the trip to Matlock on Saturday in a big clash in the Evo-stik Northern Premier League Premier Division.

Osborne is hoping to start the game.

He said: “I would love to, but I don’t think I will.

“It is a massive clash, with both teams being so close to each other in the table, and it’s a bit of six pointer. I am really excited for the game.

“I think we can win it I have trained with the lads twice and everyone looks sharp.

“I watched the game on Saturday against Halesowen.

“Nantwich did well and ripped them apart. It looked like [Nantwich] were the team in 9th place and Halesowen were 18th.”

Source

Archived