Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gulls fine MacDonald after incident in Trophy defeat

FF News

Angue MacDonald has been fined after an incident with supporters during Torquay United’s 3-0 defeat against Wrexham on Saturday.

The young defender became involved in a brief argument with fans on the Popside during the game, which was an unacceptable reaction from any player.

Football is a passionate game and Angus has been exemplary in his commitment to the United cause this season. Both Angus and Torquay United would like to apologise to the Yellow Army for this reaction.

Angus said: “I apologise to the fans I shouted at, as I should not have got myself involved. I was desperate to do well and let my frustration get away with me."

Manager Chris Hargreaves added: “Saturday was a big day for all of us, and we certainly understand any frustration at the result. I have spoken to Angus and he accepts responsibility for his actions.

“He is a young lad and he must use this as a learning experience. We now move forward and focus on the next two home games with Telford and Chester.”

Source: Torquay United FC

Source

Archived