Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nailers are improving says boss Albans

FF News

Belper manager Jimmy Albans earned his second point as Nailers boss and achieved a degree of satisfaction following a 1-1 draw against Buxton FC.

A late equaliser from debutant Nabil Shariff secured the point for Belper, who could have gone on to take all three points in the final stages.

Assistant manager Wayne Hallcro suggested his team is 'getting there' after showing character to get back in to the game against a promotion chasing side.

"Buxton are up there for a reason. The table doesn't lie and they are challenging for the play-offs, but overall I think we deserved a point.

"I also believe a victory in that type of game will come in time.

"We've been scrapping for our lives for a while now, and I think if we'd have won a few games earlier, it would have given us the confidence to go on and win that game."

Hallcro was keen to praise the debut of Kern Miller (pictured) in central defence, who helped ease the pressure on his fellow compatriots Phil Watt and Paul Lister.

"For me, Kern Miller made a world of difference at the back.

"The pressure wasn't on Lister and Watt so much. He helped take that pressure off them and I think as a three, they defended reasonably well."

Hallcro expressed his dismay about not earning a penalty late on after Jon Froggatt was apparently fouled inside the box.

"I think the penalty claim on Froggatt was a stone wall foul.

"There was also a potential claim for a foul on Rob Stevenson but I think that was a 50/50 decision which we hoped would go for us, but it didn't."

"We've been in the dressing room a good few weeks now and that looks like it's the first time we've come away and really earned our money.

Hallcro ended by claiming Monday night’s game against Curzon Ashton will prove to be pivotal to the Nailers final fixtures.

Source: www.pitchero.com/clubs/belpertown

Source

Archived