Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking F.C. - Another £500,000.

To be pedantic it's Meadowbank rather than Dorking FC, but very welcome news nevertheless.

.... and with the 'Nomads', (Dorking Wanderers), riding high and top of their League in the Sussex lot, who knows what might happen the season after next ?  There's plenty of mileage in todays Dorking SAdvertiser about Meadowbank on the front page.

Dorking F.C. statement on their website.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dorkingfc/a/our-vision-and-mission-42995.html

Shame the Ladies didn't get a mention !

John,the link above should be copied by all CCL Clubs,a funding persons dream.Liked the bit about 'Winning is not the priority' but the Community is.Mole Valley District Council will run the whole thing themselves,so no profit for Dorking FC,such a shame!!!!!!!!!

Peter...

I'm just waiting to see WHO will actually run the ground. (It's almost sure to be a private company, hence their profit will be paramount to them.)

HOW MUCH it will cost each club/team to use the ground per match.

.... and finally, the COST and standard of refreshments at games.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions, but as you say, it is the Council that will have all the answers.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a shot in the arm for any non league club. We'll done to those involved . BJR I assume you were involved in some capacity in securing this ? No response to my last post ?

Not as such.Giggler.

I did have many long conversations with three local Councillors before the current new management team took over.

Incidently, Dorking's other major football club, Dorking Wanderers who are riding high in Sussex 1 have been given the green light for their Westhumble ground by the Ryman League if they gain promotion at the end of this season.

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Dorking-Wanderers-ground-given-Ryman-League/story-26313026-detail/story.html

Edited by Big J R

• 1 month later...

Sorry.  This post got entered twice.

Edited by Big J R

Mole Valley District Councils  latest statement on the Meadowbank development :=

http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=22103

A rather interesting final paragraph, I thought.

Edited by Big J R

A lot of interesting points in that article John,if confusing.What will Dorking FC have a long lease on? The Pitch,Clubhouse,Hiring,Bar,When MVRC own the ground,and are getting Surrey FA to run it,Dorking FC will just be in the pecking order for Ground hire time surely? As for the last paragraph,it seems to infer that Dorking Wanderers are unwilling to meet with Dorking FC Representatives as regards a Groundshare.Surely as this is a Community Facility for the good of all Dorking Residents/Tax payers,this should be decided by MVDC/Surrey F.A.as to who gets what/when not Dorking FC alone,as seems in my opinion to be the case.Suprised Brockham Badgers are not involved in the discussions,along with many other groups.

it is a community facility after all,to be used by all,no longer the domain of 1 Club.

I guess we'll just have to wait for further statements from all concerned.

The other side of the coin

Do not know how to do links maybe someone could kindly do it for me

GOOGLE MOLE VALLEY DISTRICT COUNCIL WEBCAST type in

LOOK FOR Scrutiny Committee meeting June 2nd,to save watching it all,scroll down to 1hr 5mins,4secs and see the whole debate.

Personally think that Dorking FC,are digging their heels in regarding a Groundshare with Dorking Wanderers,for what after all is a £4 million  pound investment for the Community Use for ALL of the Dorking residents not just Dorking FC.

The webcast is a good watch,will give you a better idea of what is going on.

Edited by Smudge