Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bennett pens contract extension at Rovers

FF News

Dale Bennett has become the latest member of the Forest Green Rovers squad to put pen to paper on a contract extension at The New Lawn.

The 25-year-old defender has agreed to extend his stay with the club until the summer of 2016.

He is the latest in a line of Rovers men who have confirmed they’ll remain in Nailsworth next year, with Marcus Kelly having also signed a new one-year deal last week.

Bennett moved to Forest Green in January 2013 after ending his time with Watford, of whom he appeared 22 times for in the Championship.

His experience of playing at a higher level has shone through with the standard of his performances in the Vanarama Conference, and he expressed his delight at agreeing a new deal with FGR.

He said: “I’ve enjoyed it since I first got here. I had a tricky start not playing at first but the manager is pleased with what I’ve been doing.

“I go out there and do my best and if it means people are happy then they can’t complain.”

Bennett made his Forest Green debut in February 2013 in a 1-1 away draw against Luton Town. He’s also previously spent time at Brentford, Yeovil and AFC Wimbledon, and recently celebrated passing the 50 League appearances milestone for FGR.

Forest Green boss Ady Pennock was happy to tie down another body in his squad for next season.

He commented saying: “I’m pleased to get Dale on board. He has done exceptionally well We’ve got two really good right-backs set for next year in Dale and David Pipe, and that’s really good competition.”

So far this season Bennett has made 17 appearances in all competitions, scoring once in a dramatic 3-3 draw with Lincoln City in November.

Source

Archived