Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worthians ready for Albion test in Vase

FF News

Highworth Town manager insisted his side are ready as they head north for their quarter-final replay clash at Northern Counties League East Premier Division leaders Tadcaster Albion.

North Shields await the winners of tomorrows replay, for the two-legged semi-final. Highworth have taken no chances in their preparation as they are staying overnight in a plush hotel. “We are doing everything properly” manager John Fisher said.

“We are heading up the night before; we will have a nice walk around the hotel grounds in the morning and then go to the match. This is something that none of us have done before, but I think that it is much better than having a four-hour journey on the morning of the match.

We know that we are up against it, look at the odds – they are 5-2 on and we are 5-1 against. But Tunbridge Wells thought that they had done the job when they drew at our place.” With a place in the last four at stake, the Worthians chief is now ranking this game as the biggest game of his career.

“This will be the biggest game of my career,” he said. “The task ahead of us is incredibly tough, we know that, so if we can win there it will be a phenomenal achievement. But all I’m asking of the players is to go out there on Saturday and give me everything. Let’s make everyone proud, let’s do all we can and hopefully it will be enough.”

If the game is drawn after ninety minutes, 30 minutes of extra time will be played. If still stalemate at the end of extra time the winners will be decided by a penalty shoot out.

Source: www.hellenicleague.co.uk

Source

Archived