Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th. March.

Cove 1 v 2 Camberley

Well that was a feisty local derby with IMHO a referee who failed to cope with it.

Cove took an early lead through ex Krooner Sills and the only real other chance of note was a chance for Camberley that was blocked.

2nd half I felt Camberley bossed it and deservedly equalised through Coles.  Cove then missed 2 great opportunities to retake the lead before Camberley won it with a penalty with 5 minutes left. 

As for the ref.  I am sorry to write this as I know him personally but I thought he struggled to cope.  He was hugely inconsistent with his decisions especially with cautions.  I am going for the fact he had an off day but he cant have many of them.

Cove 1 v 2 Camberley

Well that was a feisty local derby with IMHO a referee who failed to cope with it.

Cove took an early lead through ex Krooner Sills and the only real other chance of note was a chance for Camberley that was blocked.

2nd half I felt Camberley bossed it and deservedly equalised through Coles.  Cove then missed 2 great opportunities to retake the lead before Camberley won it with a penalty with 5 minutes left. 

As for the ref.  I am sorry to write this as I know him personally but I thought he struggled to cope.  He was hugely inconsistent with his decisions especially with cautions.  I am going for the fact he had an off day but he cant have many of them.

Agree totally regarding the ref and yes, let's call it a big game off day. First twenty, looked to me like the hosts were going to boss it all day, but Camberley certainly came on strong thereafter and were, for my money, deserving of the win. A game that had much to commend it for sure.

The game might not decide anything, but I'm sure leaving with all three points and doing so having come from behind won't hurt Cambo's confidence.

Good day out, with both teams fully committed to going for the win.

Cheers Pearcy most appreciated.

Today's game in my view was a bit of a scrappy affair but will take the points as are needed.

We won a penalty but not sure how and we stuck it away and got the points.

As a team we defended well.

We have brought in many new faces and they are a great bunch.

We now move on to Knaphill tues...

Cheers Pearcy most appreciated.

Today's game in my view was a bit of a scrappy affair but will take the points as are needed.

We won a penalty but not sure how and we stuck it away and got the points.

As a team we defended well.

We have brought in many new faces and they are a great bunch.

We now move on to Knaphill tues...

Looking forward to it?!

Windsor 3-4 Ashford

Not as good a game as the scoreline suggests.

Despite not being particularly impressive Ashford actually could / should have had a few more, contriving to hit one way over the bar from inside the 6 yard area with no-one anywhere near him. Quite amusing at the time.

Ashford sussed pretty quickly that if they launched it down the middle for someone to chase onto they'd create havoc and panic.

Pretty pathetic defending throughout the game to be honest.

Still, we'll turn it on in the Cups I'm sure.

The ref was a bit lenient - looked like an Ashford player decked our full back off the ball right in front of the lino... He flagged but after a conversation between the officials not even a yellow was given. Guess it must have been accidental, but then why give a free kick? To be fair, unusually Windsor didn't really protest too much.

Our local hothead Kane Jones got involved in a tussle in the 2nd half (nothing too nasty) he got up first then booted the ball straight at the Ashford player who was still on the deck about a yard away.

Surely that's a definite red card?! No, just a yellow. And immediately subbed. Silly / lucky boy.

Edited by Rother

Great footage Trev.

What is the Cove 15 doing when clean through!

And what is Liam Eagle doing for the pen?

Well done Mewcenary,a tough game to officiate for sure,was like watching a Champions League tie,moaning,diving,handbags,players trying to get Players booked.

Excellent video Trevor as usual.

Another shocking display from a referee, had no control of the game of the players, always looked unsure about decisions he was making.

I'm glad all these highlight videos we are seeing recently is highlighting the fact that the officials at step 5&6 are not good enough!!

Another shocking display from a referee, had no control of the game of the players, always looked unsure about decisions he was making.

I'm glad all these highlight videos we are seeing recently is highlighting the fact that the officials at step 5&6 are not good enough!!

That video highlighted,shocking playing surface,poor Management,players who had no respect.

That video highlighted,shocking playing surface,poor Management,players who had no respect.

Not saying anything about these 2 young managers but am hearing some pretty awful stories about another manager in this league,if all a manager can do is berate and slag his players then it is him that is the problem results aside 

Great coverage as usual, Trevor.

I was hoping for a post-match interview with Kroons on his take of the game.

Having read his thoughts, (above), probably a good thing we didn't get it !

Clear from the highlights Camberley are still implementing their 3 i's of football... Intimidation, Imitation and Interrogation

Nice bit of clapping in the refs face and sarcastic "Well done ref" which he was totally oblivious to aswell.

You do have to wonder how these referees get the promotions they do. This highlights the need for strong performances at this level and so far the standard we currently have is making a mockery of the league