Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canveys outragous admission prices

OK John, why then do you state that our rivals hate us so much?, (my guess is, it's because the club has done so well and are the team to beat, rivalry then comes naturally),

why then do you harp on continuously about JK, what has he done? (again I feel its because JK has done such a fantastic job with the club that naturally he would be open to the critics and envy from rival clubs).

From my point of view, and yes I am bound to be a tad bias here), but in the last seven years the fan base under JK has actually risen, (fact), infact under JK for the last 7-8 years the club has gone from strength to strength rising from the Essex senior to our current position.

Fact! JK has won manager of the month countless times.

If you check out most of the non league forums you will see much the same banter there as you do here so it's not just the CIFC fans that, as you say "dish it out and cant take it".

Our gate prices are very much the same as Aldershot and 1 pound higher then G&N and most other ryman clubs so why you have a bee in your bonnet about our admission prices confuses me, coupled with the fact that you are unlikely to attend a game at Canvey, again confuses me as to why to keep bringing this up, you don't hear Canvey fans moaning do you.

So after the last 7 years you can hardly blame any Canvey fan defending jk and the club when he has done such a fine job so far. without doubt the Ryman league has been far better off with Canvey in the ranks then at any other time thanks to the publicity of our cup runs.

If you actually supported a club yourself you may actually understand what I am saying and how football fans in general feel towards their chosen club.

So forgive us CIFC fans for thinking that your not envious of a club that has done so well over the last few years under JK.

Well Canfan if it was jealousy, then surely they'd be just as jealous of Gravesend, but thats not the case.

As for JK it can only be his charming personality and the fact he thinks he can buy success, his Gravesend counterpart Andy Ford doesn't get such abuse, as I said virtually the whole Ryman league were delighted to see JK and Canvey fail.

As you've bought up the old chesnut of admission prices, why should it cost £1 more to get in at Canvey than at Gravesend, it would be like a shop charging £1 more for inferior goods, refering to Canveys ground which I'm sure you'd agree is vastly inferior to Gravesend's.

Oh and I do actually support a club myself but thats not relevant to the argument.

Lets be clear about this once and for all, nobody is jealous of JK or Canvey, they are just seen as a small time club, and their attendance figures prove this, who have ideas above their station, and as such they are going to attract abuse and ridicule.