Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NO RELEGATION !!!!!!!!!!!!

Smudge

The way Results are going,I do not think there will be any relegation from the Premier Division this year.Unless the F.A do any sideways moves that is.Unless it is an F.A. Rule that the bottom Club have to be relegated.

It is an FA rule that the bottom club of every step 5 division gets relegated no matter what. They bought it in last season although they decided not to implement it for the Essex or Southern Counties East Leagues, presumably because it would mean those leagues having less than 20 teams which is the FA's preferred minimum at step 5 these days.

Sadly for whoever finishes bottom this season, I can't see the CCL being given an exception.

I reckon Redhill are heading our way next season if they finish in the bottom three of Ryman 1S. Just because they got promoted from Sussex doesn't mean they'll get relegated back to it, especially as two of Horsham, East Grinstead and Hastings could be relegated into the Sussex League.

It is an FA rule that the bottom club of every step 5 division gets relegated no matter what. They bought it in last season although they decided not to implement it for the Essex or Southern Counties East Leagues, presumably because it would mean those leagues having less than 20 teams which is the FA's preferred minimum at step 5 these days.

Sadly for whoever finishes bottom this season, I can't see the CCL being given an exception.

I reckon Redhill are heading our way next season if they finish in the bottom three of Ryman 1S. Just because they got promoted from Sussex doesn't mean they'll get relegated back to it, especially as two of Horsham, East Grinstead and Hastings could be relegated into the Sussex League.

I tend to agree.  There may even be more moves between Sussex/Surrey or vice versa.

I think the most obvious is Dorking Wanderers moving to us if they don't get promoted.

They stick out like a sore thumb on the map of Sussex 1.

basically, none of the bottom three in the CCL Premier can assume they'll get a reprieve.

There's nothing specific yet but this was posted in today's CCL bulletin:

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

LATERAL MOVEMENTS - This is a reminder that it may be necessary at the end of the current Season to consider the lateral movement of clubs between leagues/divisions at the various Steps within the National League System. We are still unable to be more specific at this stage, this is merely to remind you that this could occur. We would remind you that provision for lateral movement is included in the current Regulations for the Operation of the National League System.

We will continue to monitor the current league tables and we hope to be in a position to contact specific clubs towards the end of the Season, although we appreciate that the situation could still change due to promotion and relegation matters."

I think the most obvious is Dorking Wanderers moving to us if they don't get promoted.

They stick out like a sore thumb on the map of Sussex 1.

basically, none of the bottom three in the CCL Premier can assume they'll get a reprieve.

There's nothing specific yet but this was posted in today's CCL bulletin:

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

LATERAL MOVEMENTS - This is a reminder that it may be necessary at the end of the current Season to consider the lateral movement of clubs between leagues/divisions at the various Steps within the National League System. We are still unable to be more specific at this stage, this is merely to remind you that this could occur. We would remind you that provision for lateral movement is included in the current Regulations for the Operation of the National League System.

We will continue to monitor the current league tables and we hope to be in a position to contact specific clubs towards the end of the Season, although we appreciate that the situation could still change due to promotion and relegation matters."

Yes  -  I read that.

Yet again, you 'mirror'  my thoughts.

Archived