Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Broxbourne Borough FC

From the Mercury http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Broxbourne-Borough-FC-lease-extension/story-26231197-detail/story.html

EXCITING times lay ahead for a football club that wants to become one of the leading youth academies in the county.

Broxbourne Borough FC were granted an extension on the lease of their ground, which will now run for 30 years, at a meeting of Broxbourne Borough Council's cabinet on Tuesday.

The extension will allow the club to gain funding and planning permission to design and build a new club house and provide new training facilities.  Part of the development will include providing new 4G pitches, to allow for year-round training, and encourage wider use of the pitches by the community.

Club Chairman John Murphy said: "There were a few problems at the club but since I took over we have completely turned it around.  "Everyone is singing our praises now and they are willing to helps us get to the next level."

The club currently boasts a first team which is currently pushing for promotion from the Moltan Spartan Division 1, and 20 youth teams involving 250 young players.  In addition to this, it is promoting disability sport with a football day, in conjunction with Cerebral Palsy Sport, which will take place on Saturday, April 25.

Mayor-elect Martin Greensmyth, who is involved with the club, said: "I have been involved over the last few years or so and I am very impressed with what they do there. "I feel very sure that it will benefit the community as a whole."  In order to proceed with many of their plans, the club had to have a minimum lease of 25 years on the land and this decision will allow them to proceed.

The club's vision includes promoting the youth academy, with the aim of making it one of the best in Hertfordshire, and to grow relationships with other youth organisations in the borough.

Archived