Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hx 1 v 3 harrow

urchinman1961

I have never felt so deflated against admit an inform Harrow team not enough players out there to roll there sleeves up in all the years watching the Urchins this season has hurt the most the players owe it to the management to show some fight hurt on the players faces do me a favour

Well said!

Harrow only won because we handed them the three points.

1 up and totally fcked this up, ours for the taking and blew it. Disgusted is an understatement!!

Players did not show any fight, would like to thank them for making this the hardest season and the hardest in a good 10/11 years or supporting this club and thanks now of what is a more than likey place in Ryman One North next season.

Well done all :applause:

Edited by Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch

I think this is the lowest point I've had in football.

Painful to watch - Harrow played the conditions better than we did. They used the wind in the second half better than we did in the first.

Real body blow, some of the players just didn't cut it today unfortunately.

Going to be difficult to stay up now.

We've had a number of 6 pointers recently, had chances to get away from the relegation zone and we keep blowing it.

When we were in the Conference South as it was then, it was disappointing to lose but if you looked at the size of the club and the resources available to it you could understand us getting relegated. This is different though,

We started well and it seemed like we were getting it right, but it seemed to go wrong as soon as they equalised. There just wasn't enough in the team to win the game after that and it was disappointing that we did not have the chances we needed to get a good result. Overall a reasonable first half and a shocking second half that gave Harrow and their fans the opportunity to win.

I think the team does want it but only individual players are trying to push the team on. At this stage all of them have to want it and do everything they can to get a result. This needs to happen now until the last game as nobody knows how many points we will need to stay up. It is certain though that we will need to win matches.

If losing a football match, or watching your team play crap  is painful, you lot must have led very sheltered lives.

And then another pain turns up .............you are right there are more types of pain ............

Edited by blackballed

If losing a football match, or watching your team play crap  is painful, you lot must have led very sheltered lives.

It's a culmination of a bad season, a season where this club has had so much to contend with.

The club doesn't just play football in the Ryman league it supports youth football, raises money for charity and also helps to bring people in the local community together. A result like this hurts the club. You must know that from your own experiences with Romford

As for living sheltered lives, that's a bit presumptuous of you Alan.

It's a culmination of a bad season, a season where this club has had so much to contend with.

The club doesn't just play football in the Ryman league it supports youth football, raises money for charity and also helps to bring people in the local community together. A result like this hurts the club. You must know that from your own experiences with Romford

As for living sheltered lives, that's a bit presumptuous of you Alan.

I was trying to make the point that IMO people take football far too seriously. These days I, (and many others from both our clubs) prefer to watch D&R which offers a better standard of football in a stadium with a bit of atmosphere, and best of all I really couldn't care less who wins. 

I don't get it.

How someone can support romford but enjoy watching their local league club who they don't really have any allegiance to more???

I know I've not been to a game for ages but it's due to work and other things,not because I find dagenham a more interesting option.

Don't get me wrong,everyone's entitled to their opinion but I find it hard to listen to someone who has effectively turned their back in their own club.

For what it's worth I still think we will stay up,yes I'm blinkered as I haven't seen us play recently and if there was a lack of effort then it will be hard but I'd like to think it's more fans frustration at our predicament as I do find it hard to believe players simply don't try as hard as they should.

Once you are down in the mire it's obviously hard to pull out of it but it can be done and we have had decent results of late as well as some dissapointung ones but we still have a game in hand and a reasonable chance of getting out the mess

We will certainly not be able to get out of it IF we play like we did yesterday.

In arguably the most important game of the season we were dreadful - at times we couldn't even hoof it properly.

Credit to Harrow who were really up for it and they used the difficult conditions better than we did.

We need to win at least 3 of our last 6 (even to finish 4th from bottom).

I really hope we do but it is unlikely.

I don't get it.

How someone can support romford but enjoy watching their local league club who they don't really have any allegiance to more???

I know I've not been to a game for ages but it's due to work and other things,not because I find dagenham a more interesting option.

Don't get me wrong,everyone's entitled to their opinion but I find it hard to listen to someone who has effectively turned their back in their own club.

For what it's worth I still think we will stay up,yes I'm blinkered as I haven't seen us play recently and if there was a lack of effort then it will be hard but I'd like to think it's more fans frustration at our predicament as I do find it hard to believe players simply don't try as hard as they should.

Once you are down in the mire it's obviously hard to pull out of it but it can be done and we have had decent results of late as well as some dissapointung ones but we still have a game in hand and a reasonable chance of getting out the mess

Just to put the record straight Rob, I still watch most of our home games, which normally coincide with D&R playing away.  After 56 years of watching Romford I'm just getting a bit bored with it all.

Is watching romford boring because the league they playing if so or any other reasons. As a fan just get be hind them. At hornchurch we have our moans but we back there again for next game.

Is watching romford boring because the league they playing if so or any other reasons. As a fan just get be hind them. At hornchurch we have our moans but we back there again for next game.

Bit of everything really. The standard of football is not that much better than park football, and what I have seen of RPL that's only slightly better. The same old faces and conversations week in week out, no atmosphere and for me driving to Thurrock means I can't even have a drink. Far too many clubs all attempting to attract the same fanbase equals failure IMO.

If comments from both our clubs supporters regarding the quality of football at our respective games yesterday are anything to go by its little wonder that people are losing interest. 

Edited by romford boy