Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 3 Green 1

Swifty

With "Dormergate" put to bed after an apology today, I'll have first dibs on this match.

A fully deserved win against a team who were, arguably, the least attractive to visit us this season and who were maybe a bit lucky to finish the game with ten men.

It didn't look good when our lads backed off and backed off and let Frimley advance 20 to 30 yards unhindered for Sam Boultwood to give the visitors a 4th minute lead with a well taken shot. It took time for us to get into the game, and time for the ref to starting booking players as necessary, but Dan did well to score when taken out by Frimley's uncarded keeper for the 20th minute leveller and we ended the half in the ascendancy.

There were a few 'banjo' moments in the game from more than one player, but a beautifully deft header by Beads into the corner in the 54th minute set us on our way. A clattering tackle in the box saw Bitz blitz the 67th minute penalty home, and then Boultwood undid all his good work with a second poor foul and a second yellow in the 71st. Surprising we didn't extend our lead, but a win is a win. We're not the finished article, and maybe we lack an experienced head or two, but no real complaints about the display or character shown today.

I thought Charlie Bailey had come on as a sub until I realised Ilia has the same haircut! 

Eddie -

I agree with much of your report on today's game, despite being pre-occupied with "other duties".

I, too, had a 'double take', wondering what Charlie was doing in the squad. He's supposed to look for the stray footballs, not play with them - although I understand it is not the first time he has been accused of playing with his balls.

I also thought that the tannoy announcements almost reached own your exacting standards, with the "man with the mic" being offered a carefully prepared script, by Dan.

I appreciated the ironic cheer from the 'bus shelter' whilst walking past on my "other duties" and having a slash in the halfway house 'en-route'!

As for your musical tastes - I was disappointed that neither the 'Blaydon Races' nor 'When the Saints Go Marching In', were considered.

But then, you southerners have little appreciation of anything north of Watford, and south of Eastleigh?

If you are wondering why I am posting at this hour, it's because I always wait until 2am to go around the house putting the clocks forward.

Bus shelter? Tangerine Terrace to you, sir!

Frimley Green weren't the most cynical side we've seen this season, and they upped their game and showed some nice touches when a man down, but credit to our lads for keeping their heads and not getting involved in anything retaliatory thus racking up unnecessary cards. 

We also restricted our visitors to very few shots, which was pleasing and beneficial after recent results.

Great to read your reports again Swifty you were missed.

I have to agree with your assesment of the game,it was a workman like performance against a less than average team.

For me the man of the match was Max Webb,because of his none stop running and solid tackling

And Frimley found it hard to get passed him,well done to you Max.

Charlie -

it is not my place to comment on hairstyles, but don't dismiss yourself as being "only an U18's player", or I'll have to have a word with the Club's vice-Chairman.

All the U18's are valued players and, hopefully for many, will progress to the senior ranks, as Ilia has.

Work hard, and one day you'll be on the bench or on the pitch, and not having to find your balls!

Archived