Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chester duo sign new deals

FF News

Chester FC have announced that defenders Ben Heneghan and Ryan Higgins have both signed new contracts with the Vanarama Conference club.

The duo have both penned new deals, keeping them at the Swansway Chester Stadium for the 2015/16 season.

The pair are the first players to commit themselves to the club since Blues boss Steve Burr signed his new deal at the end of last week.

Upon signing his contract, Heneghan said: “I’m very happy to sign the new deal. I’ve played quite a few games this season and hopefully can carry that on into next season.

“Football League for this club is the main aim in the long term without a doubt. We want to fight for play-offs next year the higher up the table, the better.”

Heneghan has been a regular in the starting line up throughout the season, also making Chester FC folklore by scoring the late winning goal at home to Wrexham in September.

He said: “This seasons been really good for me. Last year I didn’t play that much football, so to get the opportunity to play forty-odd games this year has been good. It’s helped my development a lot, especially playing at centre back.

“The Wrexham goal was my first goal for the club and allowed me to go on a little scoring streak. It's the highlight of my career so far without a doubt and I’m very happy to be here next season.”

Full-back Higgins, who signed from AFC Telford United in January - said of his new deal: "I'm made up with the new deal.

"I only signed until the end of this season, so when the Gaffer and Macca came to me and said they wanted me for next season there was a bit of security and a confidence going on to the end of the season.

"It's good to go on holiday and know you're coming back to play football. This season started on a bit of a low after being released from Birmingham but after going to Telford and then moving up to a club like Chester, my confidence has grown from strength to strength.”

The defender scored his first and only Blues gaol to date against Lincoln City, which is also up for the club's goal of the season at the awards night next month.

He also said of his deal: "When I first came I knew a few of the lads, and got on with everyone straight away. Knowing that some of the lads who are here now will be here with us next season is a massive boost, so we can push on for promotion."

"My aspirations are to get into the Football League, and to do it with a club like Chester would be perfect, for myself, the Gaffer and the fans."

Source: www.footballconference.co.uk

Source

Archived