Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 4th April Fixtures

A good friend told me Duncs best season for Camberley was the 90/91 season,when they were the strongest in the League.

Happy Days Smudge.  We were talking about them today.  2 of our home games were at Newbury !!!

no players at this level get £100 so i think you may have been lied to there VPCTFC,as for me being happy i am always happy to see one of my former clubs doing well, you see in a way i have contributed towards your success the only thing is we had a team in place 5 or 6 years ago that would of got you promoted long before now.Now I hope you win the league and the cup its in your hands as they say

Duncs

They do

Thanks Kroons,but we went downhill literally every other week on the Krooner Park slope lol,Smudge i was on a contract at Ash for a while so I was paid then,it was the clubs idea as they thought if i went to a club in a higher league they would make some money for the club 

it doesn't matter if clubs are paying nothing or £200 a player but don't pretend you're not paying anything when you are.

Again, because it seems you're a bit slow on the uptake, Windsor have no playing budget.

Again, because it seems you're a bit slow on the uptake, Windsor have no playing budget.

That's an ambiguous statement by using the word budget.

Let's nail it once and for all then to save any ambiguity - NO player or member of the management team at Windsor receives any payment for playing, training or representing the club in any form.  The only expenses we pay are for away games where 5 drivers will be given some petrol money and the other players are expected to travel in those 5 cars, if they choose not to travel in those cars they get nothing !

Whoever is saying they've been offered £100 following a seven day approach is obviously playing their existing club for a pay rise as no such offer will have been made, in fact we've refused to sign quality players who have approached us this season because they want £20 or £30 and we will not change our current policy no matter who they are as once you pay one you have to pay all. 

Take that as read or believe what you will but those are the FACTS.  If we ever reach a stage where we can justifiably afford a budget then we will readily admit to it but until then it stays as it is and we have no reason to lie about it !

I don't think at this level anyone can distinguish between a wage & a budget.

The days of players playing for their local club have mostly all but gone, meaning cars & public transport are relied on to get to training & games. Even if you were lucky enough to get £50 a week from a club you wouldn't get much profit from that once your costs are covered, which would surely equate it pretty much to the equivalent of expenses? I know a player that lived in South London & was getting a train 3 times a week to Walton (which assuming he paid his fair would have been about £45) but received £40 a week for playing for his team (if he started!). Did he receive a wage or expenses?

There will always be players that will have lesser costs than others but overall I can't see any of this league's players retiring on their wages anytime soon so good luck to anyone than can make some money out of the game.

Duncs,you say South Park pretended for years,or did you mean 4 years that they were in the CCL.South Park never paid their players FACT.

Duns,

Can assure you, only money any SP player gets is from cup comps at the end of the year!

No budget down there mate.

Our match report from the win over Colliers Wood is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN150.html

Always good to see Chris Clapham and his report is very fair.

On the budget issue (and I remember one of those Camberley games at Newbury too) I have two observations: 

1) South Park do not pay. A couple of our former players are there and one has explained to me about how much it costs him to be there.

2) Windsor may well not pay their players, but Windsor Sec's comments are interesting, referring to "a stage where we can justifiably afford a budget" Based on the comparatively large attendances they are getting in this league, along with the associated bar and food takings, one has to ask, what is the revenue going on? 

Not my business you understand, but as the club surely receiving the largest match day revenue in the League, it does make you wonder where the money is being spent and if not, why not.

If Windsor have any interest in keeping the crowds up then they will need to be gaining promotion in the near future and turning down players who want £20 or £30 seems a little short sighted, although I fully accept that Windsor cannot go up this year now, so any expense at this stage is pointless.

One final point about Knaphill. I think it is harsh blaming players and Management for a drop in league position. Many clubs around them have produced fantastic form in recent weeks and that is the main reason why they have dropped. It is a real dogfight down there and it is Knaphill's first experience of it. Pulling together is more important right now and save any recriminations for May.

Edited by E&E Rich

The best non league pitch in the country doesn't come for free.

The fact that Stag Meadow has terracing on all 4 sides attracts additional costs - all terracing has been cleaned this season, as has the accumulated pigeon crap from the stand. Both big jobs, and will presumably have cost a few grand together.

That's the decision that was made when the playing budget was withdrawn - spend on the pitch and infrastrucure to make it a good place for players to come and play, and spectators to come and watch, non league football.

Maybe now that crucial things have been done that will change, and a small budget will be found - but if you pay someone £20 or £30 a week as you suggest then you'll either pay everyone, or lose the spirit which has undoubtedly played a large part in creating a very settled squad in the last 2 seasons. (Most likely both of the above.)

Start getting lads in whose mentality is to play for money and some of those will likely move on at the drop of a hat when more money is offered. Money is not a motivating factor for our squad so they are more likely to stick around.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong, that's just how it is (or how it has been explained to me).

The best non league pitch in the country doesn't come for free.

The fact that Stag Meadow has terracing on all 4 sides attracts additional costs - all terracing has been cleaned this season, as has the accumulated pigeon crap from the stand. Both big jobs, and will presumably have cost a few grand together.

That's the decision that was made when the playing budget was withdrawn - spend on the pitch and infrastrucure to make it a good place for players to come and play, and spectators to come and watch, non league football.

Maybe now that crucial things have been done that will change, and a small budget will be found - but if you pay someone £20 or £30 a week as you suggest then you'll either pay everyone, or lose the spirit which has undoubtedly played a large part in creating a very settled squad in the last 2 seasons. (Most likely both of the above.)

Start getting lads in whose mentality is to play for money and some of those will likely move on at the drop of a hat when more money is offered. Money is not a motivating factor for our squad so they are more likely to stick around.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong, that's just how it is (or how it has been explained to me).

Do like a good argument with you Rother however not a hope in hells chance of arguing about the pitch :)

Point taken Rother. See you on Saturday?

I knew that any response would involve the ground, which is a nice one, no question, but is spending the equivalent of a club's entire budget on it so necessary when you are only playing at Step Five? I say the entire budget as that is the only thing you've advised that the club is spending on.

I understand the situation re: players mentality when money is involved. However, I've been doing a lot of work recently on attendances and Windsor's were some of the worst about ten to fifteen years back, rarely breaking a hundred at a time when the average was a lot higher back in the Ryman League.

My point is that you have a good number of supporters at present but you need to take advantage of that fact while you have them, because ultimately even down at this level, results are priority number 1 if you wish to keep a high support base. 

Like many other clubs at our level, Windsor probably believe they should be at a higher level than they are and I would agree with that. If you were to gain promotion you might come up against more "footballing" teams and then you'll be fine and will keep a higher support base.

As I said earlier, it's none of my business, just an observation, but we have lost a generation of fans since the loss of our ground and these people make up the club officials, helpers and sponsors of the future, and if Windsor stay at Step Five for long the attendances will drop. I'm not saying you should trumpet any playing budget from the rooftops, but eventually people who come along and spend upwards of £10 every week at the ground will start to wonder why they are not competing against, say, Cove that have a very small support and wondering where their money is going.

No offence to Cove. I have just used a team that are playing well but have a very small crowd size and appear to be punching well above their weight. It's actually a compliment! 

All interesting stuff and yes I'll be there on Saturday.

You might be right re attendances but maybe because of the quality of the pitch (I actually do think most supporters are very proud of it) and the fact that it is now more of a community club (always more that can be done to enhance that of course) with most of the players being very local and real home grown youngsters coming through the ranks from U10s upwards into the 1st team, there is a good chance the loyal fan base will stay loyal and gates pretty constant.

PS Reports from Saturday's game suggest we ARE competing very well against Cove.

PPS Just not beating them of course.... ;)

Edited by Rother