Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Easter Monday & Midweek Matches

I didn't have a good view of our sending off, you are correct. I can't be everywhere and being at the far end of the ground I reported my view. It looked to me as though your player ran across ours and tried to delay the throw on. Presumably that is exactly why he got the yellow card. You conveniently forget that. Your one was somewhat more blatant and right in the middle of the pitch so was easier to see, even for that referee.

Well done for your record against us this season. It is about time you actually did achieve something against us, bearing in mind your overall record against us of W3 D4 L19 from our 26 matches. Unfortunately, despite our help, you are still hanging by a thread so I wouldn't get too smug just yet as four points don't keep you up.

I called your report wrong as it referred to a domination by one side over the other which was patently not the case, even for (I thought) the most one eyed of Horley supporters. I said you were just the better side. That was the case. Not really sure what else I am supposed to put down, yet I am accused by you on twitter if you are Spence, which I believe you are, of being blind. Pot and kettle spring to mind but at last I am producing a report. You can hide in your little group and continue to do nothing.

I would finish by saying that any club that produces a report gets their airtime on our site within our reports section as did your Youtube output a few years back. This is done for balance purposes, you note, in case of criticism by deluded supporters. If a report emanates from your site then it will find a place on ours, although I'm not holding my breath, seeing as there hasn't been one since August!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. We'll move on and look forward to another season in the Premier Division while you still have some work to do. We'll probably see you next year (unless they move you to the Sussex League) but not necessarily.

I love it when you say I hide, never hid in my life everybody knows who I am and where I stand.

I am only a supporter and have no connection with the club, love it when yet again you say your view are for your supporters but when any other club does it you moan, all my match reports are tongue in cheek and do not go on club web site although we were the better side in the first half sun must have been in your eye's :D

Good to see somebody else mention about your Ground! or lack of it, Do think that any club who does not have a ground should only be aloud to ground share for two years while they get a ground sorted :rolleyes:

I think we could be both in the Sussex or what ever its going to be called next season so we may meet again :P

CCL Grant McLellan U18 Youth Cup Quarter Final result.

Knaphill 1-2 Colliers Wood United

Report tomorrow evening but I have to re-state what a good set up it is at Redding Way.

Edited by Chris Clapham

Thank you HTFC

I fully accept what you say although I made it clear in my report that you deserved the win. I thought your centre half Pullen did a good job on our main striker and you took the chance that came along. By no means were Horley dominant at any stage yet shaded possession over the ninety minutes. I believe they are all fair comments from yesterday's game and I thought I made them all in my report (from memory).

However, please bear in mind that my report is going to be written from an Epsom perspective, so our people want to know how we played and what sort of team we had out. We played well below what we had done recently and that was something I had to relate, while the referee was bullied throughout, but that was not a slight on your team's performance. If you look at my other reports you will see that if we deserved to get beaten I won't hide away from it. I try to be as honest as I can in my reports and have been moaned at occasionally by our previous Manager Lyndon in the past when he was in charge because I didn't give my own team enough credit!

to then get criticised by all and sundry from your club, including your Manager who is maybe a little paranoid, was very frustrating. It is a pity that so many of them showed so much passion yet if they put some of that into helping out at their club then with the facilities you have there, you would be at the higher end of the table. Maybe someone at the club who was so keen to criticise should step forward to write the match reports until the end of the season. Potential sponsors look at web sites. Indeed our kit sponsor got on board because he was impressed with the website so it is an area that your people could work on.

Football is an emotive sport and opinions will differ. That is one reason why I include all opposition club reports on our website where produced. I have massive respect for those who do the sort of things I do at my club, as I know how much effort it takes and will speak to these people for hours, sharing a similar interest. They love their sport but they also love their club too. To be moaned at by people whose only effort is walking a few steps towards their computer to spout random nonsense (see nosher) it is not surprising when many volunteers decide it is not worth the effort to carry on.

We move on and will almost certainly meet again next season. See you then!

Rich just for the record I am the Horley manager and I haven't criticised you at any point.

I didn't know for certain who you were carthorse. I do now.

I wasn't referring to you hiding behind an assumed name. As I said in my previous post I thought I knew who you were but just wasn't sure. I wasn't even aware exactly who HTFC supporter was until it was pointed out to me.

Of all people though, having your previous connection with a club who had lost their ground I wouldn't have thought you would stop so low as to have a dig at something that happened to our club thirty five years ago that led to the loss of our ground 22 years ago. That is very sad and whilst I expect that sort of lowlife comment from others, I didn't expect you to join in with it. Seeing the ground you have so many memories from under a pile of bricks is horrible and we could just easily have given up. However, we don't give up that easily.

As for your question about a limit on how many years a club could groundshare, there isn't one, so it's not relevant. If there were, we'd have to abide by it whether I agreed with it. But there isn't. For the record though I believe there are two types of ground share. Ours is because we had to sell or we would fold. and is one of necessity because of a mistake made by others many, many years ago and as one who appreciates the history of these things, I would expect you to respect that.

If you have a match report (a genuine one, not a smart arsed remark made by your club on their official twitter feed) then place it on your official site and it will be added to our site too. I don't for one moment think that I can spot everything that goes on, and this is why we have this facility in place, although be sure to look me up next season and I'll stand next to you so we can both have the same view.

As for Sussex, we're more concerned about the Kent League actually. Hopefully AFC Croydon Athletic will now be ahead of us in that area geographically but I wouldn't expect us to be placed in the Sussex League.

Rich just for the record I am the Horley manager and I haven't criticised you at any point.

That has just been pointed out to me, but you did criticise the report on twitter. Interestingly that tweet appears to have been deleted now!

That has just been pointed out to me, but you did criticise the report on twitter. Interestingly that tweet appears to have been deleted now!

Well I certainly haven't deleted it. And I certainly didn't criticise your report. I actually gave you some praise.

Anyway like I said good luck for the season. Hopefully we will meet again next season.

I didn't know for certain who you were carthorse. I do now.

I wasn't referring to you hiding behind an assumed name. As I said in my previous post I thought I knew who you were but just wasn't sure. I wasn't even aware exactly who HTFC supporter was until it was pointed out to me.

Of all people though, having your previous connection with a club who had lost their ground I wouldn't have thought you would stop so low as to have a dig at something that happened to our club thirty five years ago that led to the loss of our ground 22 years ago. That is very sad and whilst I expect that sort of lowlife comment from others, I didn't expect you to join in with it. Seeing the ground you have so many memories from under a pile of bricks is horrible and we could just easily have given up. However, we don't give up that easily.

As for your question about a limit on how many years a club could groundshare, there isn't one, so it's not relevant. If there were, we'd have to abide by it whether I agreed with it. But there isn't. For the record though I believe there are two types of ground share. Ours is because we had to sell or we would fold. and is one of necessity because of a mistake made by others many, many years ago and as one who appreciates the history of these things, I would expect you to respect that.

If you have a match report (a genuine one, not a smart arsed remark made by your club on their official twitter feed) then place it on your official site and it will be added to our site too. I don't for one moment think that I can spot everything that goes on, and this is why we have this facility in place, although be sure to look me up next season and I'll stand next to you so we can both have the same view.

As for Sussex, we're more concerned about the Kent League actually. Hopefully AFC Croydon Athletic will now be ahead of us in that area geographically but I wouldn't expect us to be placed in the Sussex League.

Oh well enjoy the Kent league or what ever its called now :D

Well I certainly haven't deleted it. And I certainly didn't criticise your report. I actually gave you some praise.

Anyway like I said good luck for the season. Hopefully we will meet again next season.

Have now found the tweet from @antjupp999:

"What a report, same old thing, players missing poor performance la la la. We had 2 strikers at cb"

Hmm! :)

Not sure this is the time or place for what seems like a petty difference of opinion squabble between two people who seem unlikely to see eye to eye.

Personally, I think teams should have their own ground...but I don't expect a follower of a team who have little prospect ( or maybe even intention?) of getting one to agree. I also think being pre-occupied with a neighbouring team to the extent it is almost unhealthy to be odd...but I wouldn't expect someone associated with Horley to necessarily agree.

Despite these differences in outlook, we're singing from a similar song sheet on here...or at least we should be.

Agree to disagree and move on.Join those of us who know we're not always right...but don't have a problem with it.

CCL Grant McLellan U18 Youth Cup Quarter Final result.

Knaphill 1-2 Colliers Wood United

Report tomorrow evening but I have to re-state what a good set up it is at Redding Way.

Report here - http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/collierswoodunited1874/301443/Matches/report/5850880

Off thread a bit but I got to watch my adopted team . Dorking . On Saturday and Monday. Seemed to care ! Certainly lacked a bit of Character and can see why they lose but also why they get the odd win. Crept into both bars afterwards to listen in to the post match nonsense and to be fair the management team spoke a lot of sense and certainly recognise their own teams failings. I think they will be ok moving forward. Apologies if I've gate crashed the wrong thread at the wrong time. I'm still learning.

Latest

Moles 5-0 Salts FULL TIME

AFC Croydon 4-2 Interwood (2-2 at Full time)

Edited by Chris Clapham

Now I know I've crossed the line when VOR takes the moral high ground in his usual superior manner. Sorry, but for one who can't resist getting the last word when it suits him, I'm not taking that crap from you, but I bet you'll respond, won't you, because you just have to?

Here is exactly the place to discuss it, hence the title of this forum, although I am sure you (and probably others too I admit) will be relieved to hear that this is the last word I shall say on the matter.

I responded in the manner I did earlier largely because of the grief I got from some muppets at Horley on twitter including the official club site that should know better. Whilst their Manager's comments on here were reasonable and I respect that he actually does a job for his club, others find it easy to criticise while sat on their backsides doing nothing. I could just sit there, watch my team and bugger off without lifting a finger like many of them do. I hate writing the match reports and tweeting the scores and details. I'd much rather just watch my team, but if I don't do it, our club and its supporters, who have been through some very difficult times over the last 22 years lose out as our volunteers are small in number. Other clubs don't seem to care and that is their decision, but when you have no ground it is vital that we keep as high a profile as we can to remind people in our own town that we still exist.

Which brings me to our ground. Whether or not we should be allowed in the League after a certain period of time without one is an interesting point worthy of (sensible) discussion. Laughing at one club's misfortune in not having one are the actions of a lowlife. To answer VOR's point we have EVERY intention of getting a ground and I myself have been involved with three or four meetings this season, while there have been another two or three in different areas with various other sources. Each one takes another evening out of your life while we continue to trek away from home just to play at home..

I also fail to see what we as a club have done wrong to receive grief from idiots over our lack of a ground. We are not a nasty club. We don't have much in the way of success to trumpet. We don't have Managers who stand on the side line slagging all and sundry off, even after they've been sent off, a group of sheep like fans who can't see beyond the bottom of their beer glass, or Chairmen who offer out everyone in the stand because they have a different viewpoint. We have some very loyal and long serving supporters, none of whom had anything to do with the incidents that caused us to lose our ground.

Mistakes were made and looking back its easy to point the finger, but we are where we are and quietly try to get on with it, yet some people on this forum almost seem to take delight from the fact that we have every chance of going under. You should be ashamed.

Here is the match report from our 5-0 defeat at Molesey yesterday. Obviously we were robbed and should have actually won 12-0.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN152.html

Edited by E&E Rich