Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dulwich Hamlet v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Easter Monday, and after our excellent performance and result against Bognor 48hrs ago, Town travel to south London this afternoon to take on Dulwich Hamlet at Champion Hill.

Having looked like title contenders for most of this campaign, their form has been somewhat unpredictable in recent weeks, and they are now only one place and one point ahead of us in the chase for a place in the play offs.

Our guys have already achieved away wins at Maidstone, Hendon and Margate, so confidence is high, we are playing well, and there is every reason to be optimistic that we can give Dulwich a good run for their money.

Town have a good away following, and will not be short of noisy vocal support,  as they look to produce another top quality performance in this key fixture, which has a great deal hanging on the outcome.

Very best of luck to Brad and the boys. You have done us proud this season. Let's do the business again and put the icing on the cake this afternoon!!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

Half Time Score from Champion Hill.

Dulwich Hamlet 2-0 Enfield Town

A disappointing score for us Towners. Dulwich went ahead in the 17th minute from the penalty spot, and added a second in the 42nd minute. Town face an uphill struggle to get something out of this match, and need a really good second half with lots of luck. Fingers crossed!

Full Time: Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 Enfield Town

A disappointing result for everyone today, but with three games to go Town are still in with a chance of making the play offs.

Be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the match and our performance today.

First half we never showed up and gave the ball away too much allowing a pacey Hamlet side to attack. No arguments with the penalty kick to make it 1-0. Their second was scored from us giving the ball away too cheaply.

Second half we were much better with Hamlet trying to run the clock down whenever they could (ref added on 8 mins!). Nathan's goal was class finish but we never really worked their keeper anymore.

Kalu's red card will hopefully be rescinded as it was never a sending off..not even a booking in my eyes. strong tackle followed by a tangle of legs and handbags from both sides. I can only think the ref or assistant thought (or saw) Kalu stamp or leave his leg in on the Hamlet player on the ground which as the replay shows never happened.. Red card is from around 3m 59secs on the below highlights..

Dulwich seem to be a bit of a bogey side for us don't they!    We are still in with a shout... AFC Hornchurch next up on Saturday who NEED TO WIN to be in with a shout of staying up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKqs1mJiWM

Confused.com

Enfield will definitely be in the playoffs, and don't deserve to be if they don't get the necessary points from the relatively easy next 3 games.

Whoever gets more points from Maidstone and Hendon from Dulwich and Grays will take the final place.

Best wishes in the playoffs.

The assistant flagged immediately after Kalu ran in and shoved the Dulwich no 2 who had trodden on Muguo's leg. So I think that was the reason for the card. The no 2 seems to have been lucky to get away with what some officials would have deemed a stamp.

Terrible first half performance cost us yesterday and there looked like some tired and weary legs out there with Dulwich first to most balls. Seems like the injuries are also building up.

We seemed to get caught out by DH's wide men who caused us problem all game. I thought Stan was once again our best player but the other midfielders didn't get the grip of the game as much. Not quite sure why we aren't using Liam Hope more as a striker anymore? Wynter looks a promising young player but I'm surprised he is being used in such big pressure games when I'm not sure he is ready yet?

Why no Tyler Campbell either?

That was never a red card. He got the card because of the reaction by the Dulwich players. Magou has gone down he may or may not have been stamped on that is not clear but the Dulwich player goes to ground and kalu runs into him. Their legs get tangled up but there never was a deliberate stamping. Why should he stamp on the player he wasn't going to get the ball and there was no apparent animosity between them.

There must be an appeal. I thought the ref was poor throughout. I think he got their penalty decision right but earlier had missed shirt pulling in the box which was blatent and the trip against Cory? about 2 minutes earlier.

I just looked back at the video and, if anything, the DH number 2 kicks out with both feet towards Michael's knees and upper legs when he lands on the ground....

I never like to knock refs and assistant refs as their job is very hard, sometimes impossible, but this was an awful decision.

I have sent the footage to the club so hopefully it will help rescind the decision and then Michael will score in the play off final and I can claim an assist!!!

Afternoon Towners, here's my report for yesterday's game: https://theluxuryfan.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/hamlet-prince-of-denmark-hill/.

A tough loss for Town, but I still think the team has enough quality to make the play offs.

Hope it's a decent read. Towners for 'best fans'.

Any follows on @TheLuxuryFan and https://www.facebook.com/theluxuryfan much appreciated.

Archived