Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 11th April Matches

Wood 6-2 Curfews - Report here - http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/collierswoodunited1874/301423/Matches/report/5690996

Have to say the garlic lamb late last night was superb  :)

...and I think I set a new record for bottles of Bulmers!  :wub:

Molesey at home Wednesday next for Wood.

Bring someone to hold on to!  :duel:

Embalo a hat=trick !

You'd better get him on contract for next season, Chris !!

weebs did you go to Bedfont Sports today i see Ed was in the starting line up ;)

No mate I did not

I asked Ed if he wanted to play football and he said yes

I am not at a club at the moment and asked him if he would play for Mick at the sports

He said he would and Mick likes him and he is doing well

A combination of the Flu and work has meant I have not been able to get over but I will soon

Sorry to see Frimley going to finish bottom 3 as there are some good people there

Thanks Rother, you beat me to it so I won't need to put the link up now. Nice to see you again and sorry I couldn't talk for longer but my seven year old can sometimes be very demanding!

I thought we were second best in the opening forty five though, and a combination of missed chances and a little bit of misfortune didn't help. That said, I suppose we could have been further ahead after hitting both posts in separate attacks. Second half saw a change of tactics from our guys and by the end we were deserved winners. 

We now face Knaphill and Frimley as we chase an unlikely but mathematically possible sixth place. I think Knaphill are decent but have been caught up largely due to other teams producing good form. As for Frimley, the damage was done earlier in the season, but if they keep their squad together I'm sure they can bounce back next term.

Just to pick up on Duncs' question, one team is supposed to face guaranteed relegation as per FA guidelines. Right now, barring about a 15 goal swing, Frimley will be one of the three down there, but if it is just one down they still have chances of overhauling the other two down there. The latest club to really start slipping now is Chertsey Town. Now that would be a surprise if they and Guildford dropped too.

Despite looking at these things in detail over the years I am still puzzled by what is likely to happen. If the FA makes the decisions on allocation before the League's AGM they must presumably work on the basis that all three have dropped so that definitely makes all three vulnerable despite the league looking to increase back to 22. Bottom line - finish above the line or as Ash will tell you, it's out of your hands. 

Another lively game at Camberley this weekend. I personally think the draw was the fair result. Neither team created too many clear cut chances and both goals were very good finishes. 

What I will say about Camberley is even when they went down to 10 men they were the team on the front foot and albeit the attacks were desperate at times, they did look like scoring and the celebrations will tell you all you need to know about what it meant. 

If Camberley had lost that game, I'd have said the title was Molesey's. That goal right at the death may have been the momentum Camberley needed going into next week.  

Credit to Ashford though, i've personally played against them twice this season and it was clear they had players missing, but they worked hard and defended exceptionally well at times. They probably should have put the game beyond doubt early in the second half when Dan Fleming (I think) went through one on one and put the ball back in Middlesex with a woeful finish. I think they'll be tough to stop next season with a young squad who will only get better in this league. Nice people too.