Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Predictions Enfield Town v Hx Ryman Prem Sat 11th April

urchinman1961

Not expecting much from this I think Enfield been one of the surprise teams this season and could still end up in the play offs just hope we roll our sleeves up like we did against Ricay two one home win,crowd 478,as always prove me wrong 

The Romford Recorder certainly makes for glim reading now. However we should focus on giving it everything on the pitch and trying to finish the season above at least one other team, preferably more, as you never know when it comes to reprieves, and doing this until the final game is done, whether we are "relegated" by then or not. We wouldn't want to miss any opportunities to stay up.

if a team is doing well there are still fans to be had as is shown in the rise of enfield this season   even pitsea  had 178  on a tuesday night 2 weeks ago   , it  just seems we are  content  to become a club  that have had its day  in the sun  and should  be in ryman north  with a crowd of 90-100  which the thinking  seems to be is where we belong 

That's rubbish,no one has actually said "ryman one north is where we belong,so let's stay there"

But we have to be realistic and realise that before the "money" came along,that's about as high as we got and was about our level then.

What people fail to realise is that the people in charge have cleared hundreds of thousands of pounds since they took over and to stay at this level is remarkable,to actually of gone a level higher even more so and while we took the promotion given to us we must learn to take relegation and take it for what it is,and if that means ryman one north is our true level then fine but it doesn't mean the club doesn't want to remain in the ryman prem or get back there

Well it's looking increasing likely that we will be in D1N next season.

There's a lot of hard work and effort behind the scenes to generate income for the club and also a lot of generous people involved, but costs have also gone up considerably so it's only the management that really know our budget. We will have the benefit next season of getting some home games in earlier so we will have quicker access to gate receipts.

I think there will be some re-building required so it might not click for us straight away and we also have to respect the clubs already in the league - I'm not expecting it to be easy at all. I think that we are not going to lose too many more fans as we're starting to get to the core support - if we start winning games then I think we might get some fans back. Let's get this season out of the way and see what happens.

what ever is  the real story  , thats the feeling that has come across to supporters which is very downbeat and that has in turned lead to many just walking away  not to return 

The only good thing about the ryman north is that the away games are generally closer and there probably won't be much of a need for coaches. Whether we attract more fans than this season could depend on the team winning more games and perhaps cheaper entry to games? Not sure if it should be still £10 entry for adults.

The only good thing about the ryman north is that the away games are generally closer and there probably won't be much of a need for coaches. Whether we attract more fans than this season could depend on the team winning more games and perhaps cheaper entry to games? Not sure if it should be still £10 entry for adults.

If Needham Market and Sudbury don't get promoted there's probably not much difference in travel miles.

There's three clubs gone tits up so three clubs from each level can possibly be reprieved. 

What teams are they?

Hereford, Norton United and the other one could be Salisbury but not 100% sure about that one. Wouldn't think it will help Hornchurch, but could possibly help Romford, although we hopefully won't need it.

From what I gather either the 4th bottom Ryman Premier or Evo Stick Northern Premier side will get reprieved depending on who has the most points because of Salisbury pulling out of the Conference South.

Two other teams from Evo Stick North at Step 4 have said they won't be competing at that level next season but I think that will probably mean no teams are relegated from that particular league

Not concerned with teams going bust,we hoped for that in conference south and it didn't happen so no reason to believe it will this time.

Yes our gates are low this season but it's nothing to do with people losing interest,it's more to do with league position,a thing every club suffers with.

Yes,some fans have voiced their displeasure at times with various results/performances and yes some have walked away but were our crowds that high the season before???

Answer is no,they have been dwindling for the last 3-4 seasons as the clubs status as a top non league side has been dwindling from what some consider it's heyday in the mid 00s.

What we are seeing this season is 3-4 different contributing factors all affecting the club.

Financially as I have stated,we have paid off a 6 figure amount to clear debt,have had an increase in outgoings while a decrease in attendances.

We have had in the last two seasons players who on their day can beat any opposition but who ultimately let the club down,we have had other players who have let the club down in other ways while having a few players who would give their all for this club.

We started this season with no home pre season fixtures which impacted our finances and no home league fixtures till well into September,playing our biggest league game of the season on a Monday night against Maidstone at aveley Instead of a Saturday afternoon at the bridge in front of at least 5-600 fans,we started badly as would most clubs who played their first 7-8 games away from home and never recovered.

At times we looked like getting out of it and ok maybe should of but I guess we haven't had the finances to buy top players now because of all this.

We could be getting relegated and instead if everyone getting angry and turning their backs perhaps we should be looking forward to actually enjoying a new league,new away games,new friends and enjoy it like we did in the ESL and Ryman north last time.

We didn't cry about things too much back then so why all the negativity now....it's football,relegation happens,get over it and enjoy the future

Archived