Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 18th April Matches

Saturday 18th April

Premier Division

Ashford Town v Hanworth Villa

Badshot Lea v Windsor

Chertsey Town v Horley Town

Cove v Westfield

Epsom & Ewell v Knaphill

Guildford City v Colliers Wood United

Hartley Wintney v Mole Valley SCR

Molesey v Camberley Town

Raynes Park Vale v Bedfont Sports

Spelthorne Sports v Frimley Green

Division 1

AFC Croydon Athletic v Cobham

Dorking v Chessington & Hook United

Epsom Athletic v Bedfont & Feltham

Eversley & California v Banstead Athletic

Farleigh Rovers v Worcester Park

Or they could bring it forward to Friday night, that would be a huge money spinner for the club !!!

Edited by True Villain

On a similar point, there has been hardly any Friday night games this season. When they were tried a season or two back, they generally saw gates a bit higher than normal. Is it that clubs aren't keen on doing it? The novelty would soon wear off if it was every week, but I can't really recall any apart from early FA Cup games this season.

Not exactly as if this being a big game has come out of nowhere though!  Mrs Voice To Be and I are moving house, so can't make any of the dates/ times...but for the sake of the competition I hope the game gets the biggest turnout possible and who knows, even generates some good publicity for the league.

Hope we are invited to the Wedding.

lets hope we get the best officials cos its gonna be fiesty with so much at stake,these are the games that all players want to play in and the adrenalin will be flowing  :argue:  

Shame that Camberley's number one fan,would rather be elsewhere on what could be such an historic day for his club.

Or they could bring it forward to Friday night, that would be a huge money spinner for the club !!!

I actually suggested that exact date to the Molesey Manager last Wednesday. His response was that he was more interested in the three points and the club had 364 other days to raise money.

I thought it was a very short sighted response and it would be interesting to see the discussions between him and the Committee if Molesey go up and they need to spend more....

#wastedopportunity

My view was not as blinkered as that. I have spent the last 10-12 years doing my best to save and make the club as much money as possible, so am fully aware of what any extra income means to the club. 

The realistic view is that we had a blip recently when we dropped points over the Easter break when we had players missing and several running on empty. I have said before that this will never be an excuse of mine and it isn't, as this is part and parcel of us have a reasonably successful season so far with quite a small squad.

However, we were refreshed on Wednesday of last week and the performance showed that, and we have had a break with last weekend off. That may or may not benefit us.

Problem is we are playing this Wednesday and are already aware from the people at Colliers Wood that their pitch is heavily sanded, so it is certain that apart from a decent CWU side to overcome we will have a tough night of it anyway. Playing our main rivals two nights later just does not make sense as recovery time will be minimal.

Had we been playing tonight it may have been a different story, as we are aware of the interest the game has all around the CCL due to the potential rewards for the winner.  

Regarding different kick off times, I can't imagine an earlier or later time would have the effect of double the normal gate as suggested. Sunday is not workable as the club has other commitments, and we play again at RPV the following Tuesday.

My comment to you was that having devoted my attention 100% to winning the league since June 2014 when we started pre-season, my focus was on 3 points and not crowd sizes, and I would imagine that any manager would feel the same.

As far as discussions with my committee over money go, that is totally irrelevant as I don't get anything myself and never have.

I do hope we get a better than average gate, and we will certainly get more that when we played them for nothing at a similar stage of last season, but as much because I said a long long time ago on the "style of Camberley" thread that it would be a cracking game, so the more the merrier.

Colliers Wood tomorrow first, though.

Some people know so much, and yet so little'

lets hope we get the best officials cos its gonna be fiesty with so much at stake,these are the games that all players want to play in and the adrenalin will be flowing  :argue:  

as long as it's not blood as well !!

:unsure:

Guildford City  1  -  0   Colliers Wood United.

Baker: 38 mins.

From Chris C.