Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Relegation and Champions

Smudge

You're a glutton for punishment, Peter.

It'll probably start another slanging war !

:ph34r:

:bolt:

Well where do we start,not knowing what the F.A.are doing via sideways shuffles,it will be unclear how many will be relegated from the Premier,although we do know that whoever finishes bottom will be Relegated looks like that will be Frimley Green unless of course they win their remaining 2 games v Spelthorne (a) Epsom and Ewell (h) and Guildford do not get any points v Colliers Wood (h) Cove (h),Mole Valley (a),however if Guildford where to get 2 wins  from their last 3 games,this could bring Hanworth Villa into the bottom 2 and their remaining 2 fixtures look tough on paper v Ashford Town (a) Cove (h).Chertsey have 2 games to play v Horley (h) Bedfont Sports (a) , 3 points could see them out of the bottom 3,if Hanworth lose both games, and Guildford fail to win their last 3 games.Then of course you have to add in Mole Valley who have 2 games left v Hartley Wintney (a) Guildford (h) a win over Hartley Wintney or Guildford would make them safe by my reckoning,unless of course,Hanworth Villa were to win 2 games,Guildford won 3 games,and Chertsey win 2 games.

The thing that would aid any team liable to end up in the bottom 3,would be Dorking Wanderers winning the Sussex County League title currently 2nd on Goal difference behind,the reason I personally think if they do not get promoted they will be shifted sideways to the CCL by the FA. So UP THE WANDERERS.

Now I HOPE all is clear as regards possible relegation,well at least clear as mud.

Final relegation places will probably go to next Saturday I reckon.

No doubt Chessington are hoping Farleigh Rovers beat Worcester Park tomorrow. 

A top 3 finish for Chessy would make things interesting re Premier relegation!

Bet you feel good Chris,safe in the League and a cup final to look forward to,will Chessy beat Dorking though? Think if Horley and your good selves win tomoz,it will ease a few clubs nerves.

Yes, it makes a pleasant change for all of us not to be going to the wire.

But, as with Wednesday v Molesey, we have to do this league due credit and try to win at Guildford tomorrow.

(And at Farnham on Tuesday - god that's some hard yards on a Tuesday evening - I prefer going there on a Saturday for the pubs)!

However, fair play to Farnham who have visited us TWICE midweek this season.

The cup final is good for our club. We had a superb evening against Guernsey three years ago and we hope this time around it will be equally enjoyable. 

Our current one downer at the club is that we may not have an under 18 youth team next season but that situation may change over this weekend. Fingers crossed for that!  :ph34r:

BTW, we have arranged our first pre season friendly, away at Moneyfields FC on Saturday 18th July at 3pm.

Conveniently, (and I only remembered today) the following day, I am on a 5 match cricket tour of the Isle of Wight so a midnight swim across the Solent beckons.  :D

Since we won at Horley they have done superbly, likewise with Hanworth Villa. They like beating the "bigger" clubs after all.  ;)

Gonna be an emotional day at a few grounds tomorrow.  :djsmile:

Well where do we start,not knowing what the F.A.are doing via sideways shuffles,it will be unclear how many will be relegated from the Premier,although we do know that whoever finishes bottom will be Relegated looks like that will be Frimley Green unless of course they win their remaining 2 games v Spelthorne (a) Epsom and Ewell (h) and Guildford do not get any points v Colliers Wood (h) Cove (h),Mole Valley (a),however if Guildford where to get 2 wins  from their last 3 games,this could bring Hanworth Villa into the bottom 2 and their remaining 2 fixtures look tough on paper v Ashford Town (a) Cove (h).Chertsey have 2 games to play v Horley (h) Bedfont Sports (a) , 3 points could see them out of the bottom 3,if Hanworth lose both games, and Guildford fail to win their last 3 games.Then of course you have to add in Mole Valley who have 2 games left v Hartley Wintney (a) Guildford (h) a win over Hartley Wintney or Guildford would make them safe by my reckoning,unless of course,Hanworth Villa were to win 2 games,Guildford won 3 games,and Chertsey win 2 games.

The thing that would aid any team liable to end up in the bottom 3,would be Dorking Wanderers winning the Sussex County League title currently 2nd on Goal difference behind,the reason I personally think if they do not get promoted they will be shifted sideways to the CCL by the FA. So UP THE WANDERERS.

Now I HOPE all is clear as regards possible relegation,well at least clear as mud.

Plenty of chat in the local press regarding Wanderers possible promotion.

Personally, I think they will do it and move to the Ryman.  Technically making them the 'senior' club in the Dorking area.  Could be interesting when the local Council open Meadowbank ground to all and sundry.

Edited by Big J R

I'll be heading to Molesey tomorrow to see which team will head into the final week of the season as heavy favourites for the title. I just hope, it isn't a bore 0-0. 

As for down the bottom, well, I am pleased to see Knaphill hitting form at the right time and I think they'll be safe. It is very tight, but looking at the remaining games I think the bottom 3 will be FG, Guildford and Hanworth. Saying that, Chertsey have "winnable" games, but they may be tougher than people expect. 

47 points, that's a hell of a lot to need to stay safe isn't it?. Just shows how tight it's been this year. What are difficult games on paper? No one knows any more as the league has been turned on its head with some of the recent results.

If we are looking at form though, Mole Valley and Chertsey have most to fear. Chertsey playing Horley is difficult because not only are they in good form, but they still need a win to be mathematically certain. And as said earlier, how many will go down. One thing is for certain. If Chessington do go up the relegation positions will increase.

As for the big match this weekend, I'm sure it won't be boring. Both teams will be going for it big time and it should be a cracker, even if it does end up 0-0, which technically favours Molesey who have the better goal difference. If Camberley win at Molesey then they would be massive favourites but I just can't see it happening. Far stranger things have happened though.

I'll be heading to Molesey tomorrow to see which team will head into the final week of the season as heavy favourites for the title. I just hope, it isn't a bore 0-0. 

As for down the bottom, well, I am pleased to see Knaphill hitting form at the right time and I think they'll be safe. It is very tight, but looking at the remaining games I think the bottom 3 will be FG, Guildford and Hanworth. Saying that, Chertsey have "winnable" games, but they may be tougher than people expect. 

I think a bore draw (or any other draw for that matter) would suit Molesey a lot. What with a game in hand and better goal difference. But teams who play for draws often get disappointed so I'm hoping Molesey go out to win and that they get that win!

should be a great game with both teams going for 3 points,as i've said i fancy Camberley to nick it but wouldn't be surprised if the Moles won

Nothing like hedging your bets, duncs !!

I know mate,it is really difficult to call this one............either side will probably win 5 0 now i've said that lol  :giveup:

Have you ever tried to place an each-way bet on a two horse race ??

:bolt:

should be a great game with both teams going for 3 points,as i've said i fancy Camberley to nick it but wouldn't be surprised if the Moles won

How is that fence you are sitting on duncs