Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Relegation and Champions

Smudge

I'll just state the obvious shall I

Knapper2

1.Either its Ruggles upset they've stayed up after his departure.

2.Or someone inside the club after the job, an obvious name springs to mind.

Neither mate. I'm just a football fan who thought this was a good place to discuss things like this. I didn't know part of the management team would reply. But it helped in a way as I didn't know Keith was at Farnborough previously so it's opened my eyes to his potential credentials.

I just hope next season we can contine Aprils form and keep some of the players that have played a key part in us staying up.

no offence taken, just interested why such negativity towards a guy thats kept a team up in differcult league where teams have been taking points off teams up and down the league, and more experienced managers have lost and won games this season, and to be honest there are not many long term prem managers around look around dave powell, millers, ruggs, guildford manager from u18s, tommo at baggie,and camberley  manager to name a few and experience comes with where ones been not where your at with keiths times at farnboro you could say hes stepped down,

Technically I'm the assistant, Dan is the manager Roly, but I know the point you're trying to make.

Everyone needs to be given a go at some stage to move up the levels, that's a fact. Some managers get jobs because they have experience. Clubs at our level will make that decision as they know they the manager has contacts. The bottom line is you're only as good as the players that go on the park for you and as long as you get good, intelligent players that work hard then you'll be ok.

It always amazes me how people like to Link themselves to Farnborough.

The Knaphill manger could possibly be a very good manager and a great coach, but needing to link him to Farnborough is a little embarrassing.

Let his skills and ability create his own reputation.

Because let's be honest, farnboroughs recent history isn't anything proud to be linked too.

The Knaphill manger could possibly be a very good manager and a great coach, but needing to link him to Farnborough is a little embarrassing.

Because let's be honest, farnboroughs recent history isn't anything proud to be linked too.

His other Clubs were Bisley and Sheerwater before Farnborough.

Gets worse by the week for kent clubs.The F.A.will be busy with their sideways shuffles,3 teams needed alone in Kent to make it up to 20.

Think Hollands & Blair are going up.

Couple of CCL clubs may be worried (or may prefer that league???).

I can confidently state as an official of our club that we would NOT prefer that league but after yesterday's news are definitely in the "worried" category now!

Certainly the departure of Woodstock Sports may have a knock on effect though. Replacing Phoenix and Lingfield already does make things concerning and as I said in my previous post AFC CA are first in line for the switch. I believe the promoted AFC Uckfield will also follow the same path. As for Hollands & Blair, that may help but they haven't relegated anyone for a while so one must be due especially if they take another out of the Kent County League.

After that though, ourselves and Horley do appear vulnerable especially as Redhill look as though they will get a reprieve. Crawley Down Gatwick might have been moved but they've been relegated. Unless the FA decide to do something with Hailsham (if they stay up) and the Eastbournes, then it could well be one of us that move east.

With my supporter's hat on it would be a few new grounds and four less fixtures so it's not all bad, but it would be a difficult season for us, especially as we are already further East (Chipstead) than we should be and most of our players would not want those sort of journeys.

Concerned of Epsom

Edited by E&E Rich

I can confidently state as an official of our club that we would NOT prefer that league but after yesterday's news are definitely in the "worried" category now!

Certainly the departure of Woodstock Sports may have a knock on effect though. Replacing Phoenix and Lingfield already does make things concerning and as I said in my previous post AFC CA are first in line for the switch. I believe the promoted AFC Uckfield will also follow the same path. As for Hollands & Blair, that may help but they haven't relegated anyone for a while so one must be due especially if they take another out of the Kent County League.

After that though, ourselves and Horley do appear vulnerable especially as Redhill look as though they will get a reprieve. Crawley Down Gatwick might have been moved but they've been relegated. Unless the FA decide to do something with Hailsham (if they stay up) and the Eastbournes, then it could well be one of us that move east.

With my supporter's hat on it would be a few new grounds and four less fixtures so it's not all bad, but it would be a difficult season for us, especially as we are already further East (Chipstead) than we should be and most of our players would not want those sort of journeys.

Concerned of Epsom

VP. posted that the bottom club in any Step 5 League this year,will be relegated,FA statement.Surely they cannot change that just because a league is short on numbers.

I used to always go to the Farnborough air-show as a kid !

Is that any good ??

:bolt:

Its not looking good for a number of Clubs who I think will end up in the SCE (Kent League) :wacko:

Still do not understand how Lingfield can resign from SCE but go into the Sussex Division Two!

Totally agree on Lingfield Carthorse.

It can't have been rubber stamped yet as whilst that may be their preference, the FA still have to work out the allocations. As they can't know where everyone will finish until the end of the season, surely this cannot be set in stone yet and they may still force them to the Kent Invicta instead (not Kent County as in my previous post - error!) 

As for relegation for the bottom club Smudge, I think that being short of numbers is the only criteria for non-relegation, although you could realistically argue that the Kent Invicta is part of the same League in the same way that the CCL and Sussex operate. I suppose the KIL only promote one while CCL and Sussex can promote three subject to grading, so maybe that is why they are treated differently.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is the travelling involved Lee.

,,,, and the increased use of the phrase,  'You Silly Kent'  !!

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Just bringing this thread back to the top again.

Do we have an idea of the future constitution yet? 

I think we all know that Redhill will replace Molesey while Chessington will replace Frimley but if this is the case, we will remain with 21.

So, bearing in minds that lazarus is keen on 22, where does the 22nd team come from? Do Frimley get a reprieve based on the "lack of numbers" in our division or if we can't get to 22, do we drop to 20, taking Chertsey down with Frimley Green?

Likewise for Division One. I have seen projections on other forums that show it with 18. However this included Frimley and had the Premier with 21 again so is likely to be slightly out.

We know Abbey Rangers are likely to join, but what is the state of play for everyone else now?