Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The end of Hornchurch

Mr Dacorum

It is your right Mr Dacorum to post that but I don't agree.

Obviously it's not been the best of seasons for us, and that. on occasions feelings have run high as a result but I think the club is on an even keel financially (costs have gone up unfortunately) and I'm confident for next season. Crowd hit 236 on Saturday, not bad when people were predicting under 100.

I'm expecting a more stable start to the season than this one, especially as the floodlights are now fully bedded in !!

Loads of clubs go to the brink, and then bounce back again. Bournemouth almost went out of existence in 2008 and could be in the premier league next season. Wimbledon did go tits up and are now in league two. Other clubs include Aston Villa, Hull, Wolves and countless more.

Let's get things into perspective it's not the end of the world it is Ryman North a good league with good clubs. Hornchurrch had a bad start to the season due to the new flood lights people will come to the club to see matches and meet for a social chat before during and after the match I am sorry Mr Dacorum but I completely disagree with what you have said ( I fully support your right to say what you did as this is a site of free speech ) The crowd on Saturday with its 200 plus was good to see with the majority being local fans. I agree with cup of tea that hopefully next season will see us settling down and progress in a more positive way.

Edited by Burdy

I totally don't get that post, firstly just because we are relegated doesn't mean we no longer exist and secondly most people that come to watch non-league football are there for the passion and excitement of following their local team and although we would love to win a lot more, that shouldn't have a correlation with the amount of money people spend to watch us.

Getting relegated from Ryman prem to div1n is nowhere near as bad as conf Sth to ryman Pern.

A winning team will always attract more through the gate, whatever level you play at, especially in lower non league

hopefully next season will be the start of a good clear out of the squad  . i dont think many of the current team will be able to take as forward  as im not sure  they could fight  their way  out of a paper bag  and to be honest nice weather saturday and a decent  crowd but the football  by both sides was dire although at times it was almost funny  ,  now we are in the north a couple  of seasons mid table  bringing through a hungery more  youthful looking team  may  well  be  the way forward for the future  good to see money going to be spent on the  playing surface  lets hope  we can use it   as  games ive seen in the north seem to be more long ball than ever, 

i think the thing  that  has summed  the whole season up is that since the week  we got out of trouble  by beating  canvey and dulwich we folded like a pack of cards  getting just 2pts from 8 games  got to be fault a  on both players and management somewhere along the run in and that lack of fight has been what has upset fans  going down is one thing cant win them all ,   and maybe in a few seasons we will be back up in the prem but  that way we gave  up is what hurt

I for one am sorry to see you Urchins relegated, as I have met lots of real decent people at your club.

I know that you will come back fighting strong next season so good luck to you.  

Hi all

I don't think it's the end of the club at all nor do I think that the players of today (clearly suggesting urchins' players) do not worry about results, as suggested by JM in the Recorder article. Not the best article to post when your team is fighting for promotion. If I were a player and read that before I went out to play I wouldn't even try to give my best if that's what the manager thinks. What is the phrase I'm looking for 'a bad workman always blames his tools'.

A new start is what we need and that includes the manager. I'm fully expecting the usual backlash of foul language (one person) and shouts of 'he's a legend' or trouble maker and moaner, but I'm sure he said in an article in the Recorder that he would fall on his sword if the urchins were relegated - let's see what happens.

Cheers and I'll be there for the next season. Could dagger 03 tell me in what year the urchins played Marlow in the final game of ther season at home? That was my first match. I reckon I must be on my 17th year supporting this club.

I will assume the dig about foul language was about me,fair enough but no one complained about my foul language when we was winning things.

I say it as I see it and if that means I tell someone in no uncertain terms where to go then so be it...they can always come and have a word in my shell like at a game and it will be a two way private discussion regarding what's said on here etc.

Edited by Eastside Urchin