Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The end of Hornchurch

Mr Dacorum

Maybe but I know many think the same.

There's plenty of people like you and Dave Abbs who have followed the club through good and bad times who blow off steam on here after poor results and performances but you continue to follow the team,then there are others who come on here the minute things are not all rosy and can do nothing but pour scorn on the club and instead of actually offering anything constructive,they seem to think that stirring shit and sacking the manager as the easy option....well it's not and it does the club no good.

People saying that this club is dead or this club will go nowhere without the manager and this club needs a total clear out etc etc.

These people are perfectly entitled to their point of view,I've always advocated that and long may that continue but they are also not beyond criticism themselves.

This season has not been ideal,not been up to the standards that the club,manager,fans etc expect....does anyone think those running the club think differently??? Of course they don't but they have decided to keep jimmy for next season and he wants to stay and apart from this season he has a pretty good record.

Even in our relegation from the conference south,we had a bloody good go at it and it was obvious from certain events that we shouldn't of gone down,God only knows what really went in that season but it looks like we will never really know and many in the Essex non league game including those from other clubs,know it wasn't right.

We are keeping faith in a manager that has given us FA cup runs,trophy runs,Essex cup success,league titles and is I believe actually our most successful manager of all time.

Why on earth does he need to be replaced after one bad season where we lost 3-4 of our best players,has a few injuries to key players and had stupid things like no income the first couple of months of the season all against us.

This is non league football,not Super Sunday PL bollocks where trigger happy chairman shit themselves every week,this is proper football run on the whole by proper football people who know the game and know how to go about their game.

I think that for next season, we need to cut out the individual errors that has cost us so dearly this season. I wonder how many points that has cost us?

Either the current players need to work on not making those mistakes in training and transfer that to match days or we will need to bring in some new players who won't make those mistakes.

That's not a criticism of the manager - you can't control those things once the game has started.

Edited by cup of tea

winning every game is  not the be all and end all  i think most fans  at this level know that ,  but  its been more  the style  of play and endless boring long ball and no change of tactics  which  i know  have stopped some people  from attending games  as they have said they got bored and found other things to do , i know for the first season ever  i ended  up not watching the game  and ended  up  reading up dates  of other games and sports   which is something   i hate and never thought i do .... :mellow:    i think after 'colin'  jimmy has been  the most  successful  manager at  hornchurch  jimmy has won a play off final and reached others  plus  a essex senior cup win   colin has had a league win a essex senior cup win  plus  the cup run when we hosted p'boro so both have had good records with a team playing with confidence and on a roll , the  test is can jimmy turn around a team  that is struggling towards  the bottom which  does need a different  type of management and  as yet he hasnt seemed to be able to do this   ..... there are a few players  who have had a season too long  hopefully  there will be something of a  fresh look as well as keeping some of better players from this season , and im not even expecting  to get into play off next season ( which  would be great if we did) but id be happy with a nice solid  mid table  place to build on in the future 

Look, personally I am really looking forward to the new season. I am a firm believer that people come and support a winning team which has highlighted our poor attendances this season.

If we can get off to a strong start (plus on the assumption ticket prices will be cheaper) we will maybe tempt back the fans.

However, as fans we must help the club to get a better match day experience. When I first came in the buzz on the match day was brilliant. Even when you came in everyone seemed up for it, no matter who we was playing. Red and White shirts were everywhere. We need to try and get that spirit back and try and get fans hooked again before this kicks in as I'm afraid it could affect us further.....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32399291

Looking forward to the jolly up on Saturday

Jordan

Look, personally I am really looking forward to the new season. I am a firm believer that people come and support a winning team which has highlighted our poor attendances this season.

If we can get off to a strong start (plus on the assumption ticket prices will be cheaper) we will maybe tempt back the fans.

However, as fans we must help the club to get a better match day experience. When I first came in the buzz on the match day was brilliant. Even when you came in everyone seemed up for it, no matter who we was playing. Red and White shirts were everywhere. We need to try and get that spirit back and try and get fans hooked again before this kicks in as I'm afraid it could affect us further.....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32399291

Looking forward to the jolly up on Saturday

Jordan

Easier said than done Jordan. In Romford's experience once a supporter stops coming they rarely return except for the very occasional game. Some just lose interest, some prefer to watch it on TV, and quite a few from both our clubs end up regulars at D&R. Perhaps the best strategy for all clubs at our level is to forget the ones that left, and collectively find ways to attract new supporters. 

Edited by romford boy

Hi Guy's,

Sorry to see you lot slip down a league, they were others i would have preferred to have seen drop instead.

I always look forward to our games the most. Great reception by the people at the gate and bar staff. We'll miss the banter with you guys more than most.

I'm sure you'll be back pretty soon. But either way Best of Luck next season. 

I came across this on facebook as a parting gesture  (Hope it's taken in the spirit that it's meant)

Take care guy's

post-3040-0-01795500-1429699134_thumb.jpg

Alan,it's ok using romford as a guideline into how it could go wrong but the reality is that the two clubs are vastly different and are also viewed differently by the masses on so many different levels

TBH I think after some of the scandals involving Hornchurch (however much truth there is in them I don't know or care) Romford are seen in a much better light.

The point I was trying to make though is that there are far too many clubs like ours in a perilous situation who could perhaps collectively think of some ideas to improve the situation for everyone.

I do understand Alan and I actually feel sorry for yourself as I know you have banged your head against the wall at times with Romford FC but sadly,fans aren't always listened to by clubs

Edited by Eastside Urchin

TBH I think after some of the scandals involving Hornchurch (however much truth there is  in them I don't know or care) Romford are seen in a much better light. 

The point I was trying to make though is that there are far too many clubs like ours in a perilous situation who could perhaps collectively think of some ideas to improve the situation for everyone.

Alan, I'm sure not whose opinions you have been consulting as to recognise what kind of football club Hornchurch is. I really hope that's just your opinion rather than a general consensus as I think it would be rather unfair on the football club otherwise.

There's a lot of good things that the club has achieved under the current chairman/management and I hope that good work gets recognised. I think that Hornchurch as a football club has been the victim on occasions to certain events. That's the opinion of someone who has a better understanding of what has happened at Hornchurch than yourself (no disrespect to you, you have already stated that you don't know or care).

In general terms,I think that we are going to lose some non-league football clubs eventually and that will be a shame. Not sure what the future holds for Romford, from an outsider's point of view the club seems to be a bit introverted/isolationist and unless they can get funding for the new stadium at Westlands, I'm not sure what direction the club can go.

Alan, I'm sure not whose opinions you have been consulting as to recognise what kind of football club Hornchurch is. I really hope that's just your opinion rather than a general consensus as I think it would be rather unfair on the football club otherwise.

There's a lot of good things that the club has achieved under the current chairman/management and I hope that good work gets recognised. I think that Hornchurch as a football club has been the victim on occasions to certain events. That's the opinion of someone who has a better understanding of what has happened at Hornchurch than yourself (no disrespect to you, you have already stated that you don't know or care).

In general terms,I think that we are going to lose some non-league football clubs eventually and that will be a shame. Not sure what the future holds for Romford, from an outsider's point of view the club seems to be a bit introverted/isolationist and unless they can get funding for the new stadium at Westlands, I'm not sure what direction the club can go.

Introverted and isolationist sum things up pretty accurately. 

Is there any development with westlands alan,I know when it was agreed that there was a time frame it had this been met yet ?

I think I'm correct in saying that the time limit expired but was extended for a small fee to the council. After long negotiations the council offered us a long lease on the proposed stadium site which needs approval from a secretary of state,  which if given will make funding easier. This should have arrived around Christmas time but we are still waiting.