Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Congratulations AFC Croydon Ath.

Smudge

Congratulations on your promotion to the Combined Counties Premier Division thoroughly deserved.

A lot of hard work has been put in over the last few seasons to achieve this,many would not of had the courage or patience to take on a venture.Praise should be given to Paul and Peter Smith,Barbara and Alan Powell and others for all their hard work in making this happen.True Club people who had a vision of resurrecting a derelict ground with a burnt out clubhouse,poor overgrown playing surface,broken lights that had no electricity supply and to start with no team,you had a vision and I am over the moon that you have succeeded.The first right move you made was appointing Antony Williams as your Manager,not a household name but a born winner.Thanks must also be given to Dixon Gill Chairman Croydon FC for allowing you to Groundshare at the Arena.Finally the Players who have played for the Club/Shirt without remuneration WELL DONE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Peter for your kind words, it is much appreciated.   It has been a lot of hard work by those you mention and many others too.   

I think you are right about the appointment of Manager - two cups and a promotion in three seasons is not a bad return for a Manager, who reminds me from time to time, that immediately after he was appointed he found out we didn't actually even possess a ball or a cone!

I also concur with your words about Dickson Gill who did enable us, along with Croydon Council, to use the Arena for the first couple of years.   It wasn't a popular venue among our supporters but without that we couldn't have got underway.   He hasn't been well recently and we wish him speedy good health.

We are now looking forward to next season!

well done AFC Croydon see you next season  :D

You think so?

Promotion to Step Five - Yes, and congratulations are due.

Promotion to the CCL Premier - Not so certain

At the bottom of the Ryman South Horsham (probably) or Redhill are down  but the other one will get a reprieve as will Ramsgate because there are currently seven reprieves out there for the 14 relegated clubs from Step Four.

However, in the Southern Counties East League Phoenix Sports are going up with once again, no one returning. That leaves them with 19 clubs. Bearing in mind the recent relocation of Croydon, I would be surprised if AFCCA were not in that League next year.

They'll be calling it the Ryman League Kent Division at this rate!

You think so?

Promotion to Step Five - Yes, and congratulations are due.

Promotion to the CCL Premier - Not so certain

At the bottom of the Ryman South Horsham (probably) or Redhill are down  but the other one will get a reprieve as will Ramsgate because there are currently seven reprieves out there for the 14 relegated clubs from Step Four.

However, in the Southern Counties East League Phoenix Sports are going up with once again, no one returning. That leaves them with 19 clubs. Bearing in mind the recent relocation of Croydon, I would be surprised if AFCCA were not in that League next year.

They'll be calling it the Ryman League Kent Division at this rate!

Rich,The Southern Counties East League could be down to 18 Teams with Lingfield asking for demotion.Personally think you should be worried about Epsom and Ewell being transferred across easy access to the M25/M23,likewise Horley Town.Next your be saying Carshalton Ath/Tooting and Mitcham if they were in a relegation position next year,would be transferred both are only 2 miles from Mayfields. 

Archived