Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town vs Concord Rangers in the BBC Essex Senior Cup Final ko at 7:45pm on Monday 20th April

Billericay Town vs Concord Rangers in the BBC Essex Senior Cup Final kicks-off at 7:45pm on Monday 20th April at The London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium, home of Dagenham & Redbridge FC.

Entry can be gained on the night, with an admission of £10 for adults, £5 for concessions and £2 for under 16s accompanied by an adult. Programmes will be available, priced at £2 each.

Read more at http://www.essexfa.com/news/2015/apr/senior-cup-billericay-town-preview#484cwDPIQkmFUoYL.99

post-3040-0-43244600-1429527400_thumb.jpg

Ya the tactics were not adhered to me thinks. 

Well proud of the lads for never giving up and you can see why Glen Poole had so many justified awards bestowed on him this season.

Great to hear the Shoe army again, Tis a shame we can't get those supporters back down to New Lodge. Hopefully it will get sorted sooner rather than later

Still not sure what Sapp's red was for?, Anyone got any idea? 

Well done to all those that turned out to support the Blues. Top stuff.

Halle sent off professional foul ...definate red card

sappleton red ..not a clue ! Lino 2"FEET AWAY gives fk all !! 4th official runs half the length of the pitch gets involved ..straight red ! What a joke !!

The noise generated by the blue army was outstanding .....altogether now !..you fill up my senses! !!!!

According to the reporter Saps red was for an elbow. Not sure how the 4th offical can make that decision from the half way line when the incident happened in line with penalty area.

But lets not get carried away by that decision the game was lost with the first red card when we were already one down. What happened after that in my opinion was irelavent. Concord showed their class and you can see how they are doing well in the Conference South.

As JL tweeted certain players gave their all. It's sad when you get an end of season Cup Final and fill the bench with an injured player and a player who left months ago. So much for the rotating door.

Nice to see Scotty supporting his ex-team mates And great to see so many old faces back supporting the team.

Thanks to the players for not giving up and you deserved the applause at the end.

Great post Dilbert.

Barring the scoreline it was a great night out! Every player put in a hard nights works and played with pride against what was a very strong and skilful Concord side. Even with eleven we looked to struggle but they are a league higher and we know how big that step up is.

The fans did us proud once again and shows how great a fan base the club does have.

VCD athletic next up and last stop of the season. 

COYB!

Nice piece by Craig on the BTFC website.

Let's face it, even with eleven men, playing Concord was going to be a big ask. They were already stretching us when Richard Halle got sent off. Congratulations to our boys for never giving up and working their socks off.

I hate to criticise officials but I was level with the penalty decision and the Sapps sending off - both to say the least were extremely harsh. The Referees Assistant on our side was particularly poor and both he and the ref were close to the Sapps tackle. Yes, it was robust but I saw nothing that warranted the red. The fourth official was much further away and I guess he wanted to impress his County FA bosses in the Stand.

Finally, a big congratulations to the singing contingent, who didn't stop all game - I'm sure that helped the boys keep going. Were there any Concord supporters there? lol COYB

This bit by the manager really summed up last night from a supporters point of view and i totally agree with him. 

"We were very down in the dressing room afterwards but we will be looking to bounce back on Saturday and pushing to finish 7th.

If anything can lift the boys it is the magnificent support we received.

The club has had its problems this year but last night when it mattered we were all very united.    :clap:

It has to be the way to go.

Concord can win the cup for the next ten years and they will never have that kind of support.

I salute you all and thank you."

A very good piece from Craig I thought although personally I'd suggest it's the line "It has to be the way to go" is the one that needs highlighting and underlining.

I also agree with most of his comments - We looked quite dangerous going forward, but the movement of their forwards destroyed us at the back and it's an area we have to address over the summer. Halle's red was correct and a poor decision from an experienced player (imo) and as said above from that point it was game over really.

Second half we dropped Edwards a bit deeper to help the centre-halfs out and it seemed to work for a bit and if we could have nicked one back at that stage who knows - but let's not kid ourselves there was no question they were the superior side.

I think Sapps red card was a mystery to pretty much everyone but we now appear to be in an identical position to this season with Halle and Sappleton both missing the start of the season through suspension (assuming they are here)

The players really kept trying and worked hard to the end and they deserve great credit for that as do the fans who stayed behind the team despite the scoreline.

Saturday will be a tough game - VCD have won their last five and need something to ensure their survival. It's vital we don't have a repeat of last season's debacle at Wingate.

Despite the scoreline, I think we have gained something out of the evening - I hope so anyway.

Craig Edwards got the "Tone" of that piece on the Web Site dead right.

Fantastic support from the fans matched by fantastic effort from the guys on the pith. Slightly marred as a contest by some "mystery" reffing with Saps Red, but that probably only affected Concord's margin of victory, not the result.

When's the Beer Festival  :31:

Finally a superbly written piece on the official website.

I know there's still a game to go this season, but let's all try and get behind the team properly as of next season

Concord are a top side,people really don't give them the credit they deserve.

At hornchurch we have had more than a few run ins with them over the years,as we got to play against them in our Essex senior days in the mid 2000s and games s few years back were always bad tempered but they were usually fair,hard games but they have come on leaps and bounds since then and even more so since there first season in the ryman premier.

They have a team spirit akin to that of George Graham's arsenal or the Wimbledon crazy gang where it was the thing to be disliked and play off it.

They know they can't count on vocal,boisterous home support so they have used anything else in their armour to get where they are and nothing more so than hard work and loyalty and a never say die attitude.

Yes I am sure there has been significant funding but it doesn't seem like it's just about that as some would have you think....it's no disgrace for any non league side to lose to them and I think they will continue to surprise people for a while

Don't want to praise Concord too much ;-) but I agree with you Eastside - any team that has a forward busting a gut at 4-0 up to chase a stray through ball that is 99% guaranteed to trickle off harmlessly for a goal kick by the corner flag has to be admired...

Archived