Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WEST HAM 1 HORNCHURCH 3 - report

Dagger03

Whilst the first team were at Hendon yesterday, the Youth Alliance team was playing at West Ham in the afternoon, and as I was not able to go to Hendon I decided to accept the consolation prize instead and go to West Ham.

Well, not the Boleyn - the match was played at West Ham's 4G complex at Beckton, and the kick off was 2.20 pm.

There was a most inspiring pre-match pep talk given to the home team which went something like - 'Come here, you lot, shin pads on, ear rings off'.

Hornchurch, represented by Barking Abbey, took the lead on 6 minutes through Jamie Cartney-Chand, but West Ham drew level ten minutes later when a shot from the right beat keeper Ryan Mallett, who usually plays in midfield but was in goal in place of Callum Chafer, who was on first team duty.

No further goals during the first half, but an inspired talk by Andy Tickner at half time saw Hornchurch dominate the second period.

The home keeper made several good saves before being beaten by a bizarre own goal when the centre half won the race with Dion MacFoy-Johnson to the ball, only to poke it slowly past his own keeper and into the net. I am not sure if the Hornchurch player got a touch to the ball, so will have to wait to confirm this.

It was one-sided from now on, and Cartney-Chand made things safe with a shot from close range on 83 minutes.

The Youth Alliance side are at home tomorrow at 1.30 pm against Luton Town Baldock. 

The HFC line up was Ryan Mallett - Khalid Brown - Tobi James-Otokil - Fahad Nazor - Raheel Gohil - Stefan McKenzie-Burns - Armand Tshela - Darnell Weise - Dion MacFoy-Johnson - Jamie Cartney-Chand - Don Mwape - subs (all played) - Kaleem Felix - Montell MacKenzie - Ryan Edwin.

Archived