Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Beavers boss Dowson pens two year deal

FF News

Hampton & Richmond Borough have announced Alan Dowson has accepted our offer of a two-year contract to remain as manager following the club’s successful battle to stay in the Ryman Premier.

Dowson has sign on until the summer of 2017 after positive talks with chairman Steve McPherson and director David Sines over the past few weeks.

Macca is proud to reveal the news tonight - and believes this is a significant signing in what he hopes is a push for promotion next season.

He said: “We are over the moon that Alan has said yes and we believe this is a big development for the club going forward.

“His remit since coming to the club in September was to ensure safety and get us into a position where there is a summer of positivity ahead. He has managed to achieve both.

“It’s not just the great work he has done on the pitch that has impressed us. Off it, working tirelessly in the community and involving himself in all aspects of the club, gives the impression that he wants to be at Hampton for the long haul. I hope the supporters will agree this is wonderful news for the club.”

Dowse says he didn’t have to think twice about putting pen to paper at the Beveree.

“There is only one place I want to be and I am chuffed to bits with the faith the club have put in me,” the former Kingstonian boss says tonight.

“I really do feel at home here. There’s ambition and a feeling that better things could be around the corner. When I was asked to stay for another two years I didn’t have to wait around to answer the question. I didn't hesitate.

“We have achieved our main aim and the players have been fantastic. Now that we know what’s happening we can build this club back up to where it should be. I am so very much looking forward to the future - and I hope the fans share my excitement.”

Source: www.hamptonfc.net

Source

Archived