Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dudley Latham Cup Final 2014/15

That is an absolutely ludicrous comment. I think you mean 'bj' clearly highlighting how little you know about the league. I am a keen follower of the spartan south midlands. I can safely say along with a lot of supporters and managers they would love to have this young man leading their line. Hands down one of the most prolific scorers in over the past 5 years and only 24 years of age!! rewarded last year with a trial at Luton Town. I was at the game and if the fight you refer to is in reference to the 'kerfuffle' in the second half it is quite clear to see the young man had run over to protect a younger member of his team. Quite commendable if you ask me. It is also my understanding that BJ does not take penalties, so give the boy some credit, 40 goals this year as a striker not taking penalties. Congratulations to him and his team.

I have a child lock on my comp that blocks such words/phrases, my knowledge is actually second to none (well apart from maybe savage bee/luke at Aylesbury). Wow, a trial with Luton! How did that go? I'm sure you've heard a rose-tinted story on why he's not there now and nothing about his bad attitude like 'Haks' told his old pals St Albans pals.

The Oxhey folk at the game told a slightly different story to me, but hey, everyone has their own account of these incidents. My personal view is that it's the ref's job to protect the players (something they tend to forget at times) and starting on another player in the aggressive manner he showed isn't the best way to diffuse the situation.

All in all, less of the attitude from him and more of the bottle to stick the ball in the back of the net from 12 yards when your team needs you, and his next trial (unlikely) might lead to him playing in slightly more glamorous grounds than the Boundary Stadium.

Im sorry but a lot of what you say appears to be 'hear say' I do know that the lad managed to grab a hat trick in the Luton Town development game. Did these 'Oxhey folk' happen to mention the Colney Heath right back that ran twenty yards to push the youngster which caused Christie to trot over? No? Didn't think so. Also as a continued Luton Town fan maybe if 'Haks' payed more attention to the talent on our own doorstep Luton could push themselves even further.As for the refereeing standards this year they have been appalling on many separate occasions for all sides. I agree its not the best way to react but what I disagree with is the fact you have singled out one player when there were 7-8 involved. As for sicking the ball in the net when your team needs you, in my and many other supporters opinions he is the best in the league! Probably the reason he has had so many suitors from higher leagues over the years. 

For a club that knows BJ very well. He came through our youth system and he is a top lad. We would take him back in an instance, it was just unfortunate circumstances last season that saw him try another club.

I think he is just lost for words, the statistics do justice to the young lad. As I said most clubs would be the same as yourselves and would try their up most to obtain his services. Am I correct in saying he was one of your most loyal players? I read an article stating he had scored a number of goals for you before being looked at by The Town. I'm sure if you ask most defenders in the league if he is any good the answer would be a resounding yes.  I think it is jealousy more than anything on behalf of Rebadiah, someone who clearly thinks he understands more than he does. 

Yes as before he came through our youth system. Stayed very loyal for many seasons and scored over 150 goals for the 1st team. A good offer came from DTFC in 2012-13 but soon came back in 2013-14.

He may have some off days with getting involved but not every player is perfect. 

His trial at Luton Town was set up by John Still, who watched our game against them.

Archived