Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kept in the Dark.

Smudge

Personally thought that this Forum was all about promoting the CCL to a wider base of Fans,low and behold I have changed my mind Big Time.

We in some peoples eyes are 2nd class to another rival forum,Imagine my shock horror in reading the following--South Park Res. will be joining the CCL Div 1 for season 15/16,broken by V.P.,Seconded by Sparky100,confirmed by Alan C. who happens to be LAZURUS of this parish,also CCL League Secretary.Cheers fellas !!!!!! WHY DO I BOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whih forum are you referring too, Smudger ?

Non League Matters John,even the excellent  :D Combined Counties Official Site does not give it a mention.

On a matter of fact on there, they are wrong about Chessington and Hook being the first to get promoted after Relegation the Previous season.That honour belongs to Dorking F.C.

Thanks Guys - I'll give it a peep !

I understand the CCFL definitely wanted to accept two more teams in Division One for next season, and Tooting and Mitcham Wanderers may well have been considered had they finished in a promotion place, but that didn't happen.

Cheers Dan for the Link.

What amazes me more is that if a reserve Team finishes in the Top 3,that the 4th team will be promoted Rightly.

However if Farleigh Rovers and Worcester Park finish in the Top 3,no provision is made.We know they will never get planning permission to get promoted.Of course Premier sides would not vote for a rule change to allow 4th 5th Clubs to get promotion,is that fair?

Most clubs have been aware of the South Park and Division 1 thing for some time now Smudge.

As for that forum (which is very informative and good btw) most people know what is going on with the CCL but it is not some of our places to make announcements on certain things.  :ph34r:

I also assume many of the league committee are quite busy with all these cup finals on top of each other among other things.

And, to that end, may I say how well things went at Woking on Friday including 3 excellent match officials.

Let's hope tomorrow evening is as enjoyable!

You coming Smudge? :wub:

Well, I've had a quick glance throug the site,  It seems ok, but nothing special.

Most clubs have been aware of the South Park and Division 1 thing for some time now Smudge.

As for that forum (which is very informative and good btw) most people know what is going on with the CCL but it is not some of our places to make announcements on certain things.  :ph34r:

I also assume many of the league committee are quite busy with all these cup finals on top of each other among other things.

And, to that end, may I say how well things went at Woking on Friday including 3 excellent match officials.

Let's hope tomorrow evening is as enjoyable!

You coming Smudge? :wub:

No Chris,would not go to the Leg of Mutton if it was the last ground standing. I have standards,unlike the League it seems.

Non League Matters John,even the excellent :D Combined Counties Official Site does not give it a mention.

On a matter of fact on there, they are wrong about Chessington and Hook being the first to get promoted after Relegation the Previous season.That honour belongs to Dorking F.C.

And Horley got demoted and promoted the following season.

Cheers Dan for the Link.

What amazes me more is that if a reserve Team finishes in the Top 3,that the 4th team will be promoted Rightly.

However if Farleigh Rovers and Worcester Park finish in the Top 3,no provision is made.We know they will never get planning permission to get promoted.Of course Premier sides would not vote for a rule change to allow 4th 5th Clubs to get promotion,is that fair?

Any club playing in Combined Counties Div1 that does not have the ground grading should be an "Associate Member" this will then allow 4th and 5th to get promoted if clubs that are blocking teams finish in the top 3.

Of course Premier sides would not vote for a rule change to allow 4th 5th Clubs to get promotion,is that fair?

They already have.

From this season's league handbook:

"up to two Associate Members may be elected to Division One of the competition. These associate members shall be reserve or B teams of clubs whose first team competes at step 4 or above."

"Associate Members will not be eligible for promotion. Should one of the top three clubs be Associate Members then, subject to possession of the correct ground grading, the promotion will be offered to the club in fourth position. Should two of the top three clubs be Associate Members then the promotion will be offered to the clubs in fourth & fifth position."

It wasn't broken by me on the other forum. A groundhopper had read it in the League Cup final programme and he was first to mention it. I skimmed the programme but didn't see that bit.

Archived