Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Surrey F.A. to move to Dorking

The agreement at the Planning Committe meeting is indeed, great news.

Now it's down to the Scrutiny Committee, and then trying to reach an agreement on the lease that is fair to one and all.

I'm somewhat glad I'm not involved, because no matter what happens, I can't believe that everyone will be happy with the outcome.  I feel that once M.V.D.C. have 'dotted the i's, and crossed the t's', then the real  talking will have to begin.

http://www.molevalley.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/178124

... for those who want to plough through about an hour of chat.

I have watched the Meadowbank part of the web-cast twice.  Unfortunately, party politics crept into a Committee meeting where party politics is supposed NOT to creep.

One executive member of the council certainly did NOT come out of it too well, and his 'tweet' may well become public.

However. as I now see it, there will definitely will be both DFC and DWFC playing at the new Meadowbank stadium in 2016/2017 season, and quite right too !

Having said that, when and if agreement is reached between M.V.D.C. and the Surrey F.A., the Surrey F.A will be the lease holders with sub-leases issued to club/s so at the end of the day, pitch/facilities allocation will be down to them.

In the web-cast at around 31.20, the subject of bar use and profits was briefly raised  -  Something I have always wondered about.

Still  -  At least it is another step forward and it looks like the first sod will be turned in September, if you'll pardon the expression !

I'd have to disagree JR about the executive member! Assuming you mean Howard Jones anyway.

His tweet is already public by it's nature.

However I thought he more than held his own, despite being a little out of date originally about artificial pitches and the FA cup.

The liberal guy who wanted to ensure DWFC play at Meadowbank every other Saturday plus every Monday training missed the fact DWFC will no doubt need quite a few mid week matches too. Unless the intention is to play some matches at Meadowbank and some at Westhumble.

I think both sides were guilty of politicking but it was a pointless exercise really, Conservatives had more votes, they won.

Just wasted 3 weeks. 

Lots of negotiating to come.  Please don't balls this up , all concerned!

I'm not trying to 'balls' anything up Jeff.  I wasn't referring to Howard Jones at all, but the 'missing'  Leader of the Council who held the meeting with both clubs.  He should have been at last nights Scrutiny meeting to answer the questions raised.

I do really want accord, and that means accord between both DFC and DWFC and from what I heard today, that seems highly unlikely, so in the end it'll be the Surrey F.A. that has to sort things out.

Edited by Big J R

So we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Glad I'm well out of it, for the time being at least !!

I heard it was going to be called 'The Howard Jones' stadium.

According to todays Dorking Advertiser, (back page), though not on their web-site as yet, Marc White is quoted as saying that Dorking Wanderers and Dorking F.C. are very near to an agreement on a ground share at the re-furbished Meadowbank in the 2015/2016 season.

Great news.

Any agreement between both clubs can only be good for the town.

As long as the council plough the profits from their bar back into the stadium I can see a happy union.

Not sure how the lease will be calculated.

As stated earlier just paying pitch hire is no option