Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

From Eversley to Wembley

yes I forgot about Alex of which I was aware of.

But Fozzy and Ashley I wasn't.

Still.......my opinion still stands that unless a player has been offered a sizeable amount of money per week to sign a contract, they'd be foolish to tie themselves to a club. 

Can you imagine if one of the above players had a step 3 club looking at them but when they find out he's on contract. they'd run a mile unless they were made of money of course.

Its put in place as a bit of a safeguard just in case a bigger club (could be a football league club)wants one of your clubs players,it is a small bargaining tool that can force their hand to make a payment for a player.Its really designed to stop sideways movement e.g. Cove to Camberley as back then Camberley were keen to sign these 3 or 4 players,and it worked so i am in favour.

So in theory the contract is there to protect the club only. So my point being, why would a player sign a contract for lets say £40 a week?? If I was playing for Cove and signed a season long contract for £40, yet Camberley wanted to offer me £100 a week, the only person it works for is Cove. 

At this level, you would have to be a fool to sign a contract that ties you to a club for next to no money!

Seriously is it only about making another £30-£40 then leaving your club to play for another at the same standard.

So glad we run our club a different way and have local lads that play for the badge and not the £.

If they are that good they will get the right offer from the right club higher up in the pyramid.

One for Chris Clapham - Mario Embalo is on a contract at CWU isn't he?

WOW !

I can't wait for Chris's response !!

So in theory the contract is there to protect the club only. So my point being, why would a player sign a contract for lets say £40 a week?? If I was playing for Cove and signed a season long contract for £40, yet Camberley wanted to offer me £100 a week, the only person it works for is Cove. 

At this level, you would have to be a fool to sign a contract that ties you to a club for next to no money!

well you answered your own question really mate the money is guaranteed every week even if the team don't play or the individual is injured or suspended,how long at this level will 100 pound be paid ? 4or 5 weeks at the most its not such a fool who would take 30 or 40 pounds for a season,however as i've said before nobody should be paid at this level apart from a tenner for fuel for away matches.

Paying players at this level is nonsense, I can think of only a couple of players who are good enough to be paid, however I think they should be playing at a higher level.