Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whats on the Twitter

THE Evo-Stik League Southern have had a major reshuffle after the news that Clevedon Town would be relegated from Division One South & West.

The Seasiders lost an appeal against their ground grading and will subsequently be demoted to Step 5 of the Non-League Pyramid.

To cover the loss of Clevedon, seven teams have been moved around, with Redbridge gaining a reprieve to stay in Ryman Division One North.

Fleet Town and Petersfield Town have been moved to Division One Central from the South & West division while Burnham, Flackwell Heath and Marlow will be going in the opposite direction.

Lastly, Ware will be moving into the Southern Division One Central from the Ryman North – a move that has been mooted previously.

Flackwell Heath boss Graham Malcolm tweeted: “So 12 teams in the central league under an hour away. How many in the s&w. NONE. You just couldn’t make it up.”

Marlow manager Mark Bartley added: “This potential league move makes no sense at all for us. Finally in a league with “local-ish” games and they try to send us to Devon

And it's changed again as Flackwell Heath have just announced they won't now be taking up their promotion, presumably as a direct result of the transfer.

Whilst I sympathise with Flackwell, this sort of thing at this late stage doesn't help anyone and may even have a knock on effect over here if Highmoor Ibis don't take Flackwell's place as Redhill were, I believe, next in line for a reprieve. If that left us with 21, would we now drop to 20 etc. etc. 

I think that any team that declines promotion, having applied for it, should be blocked from applying the following season too. That might sound harsh, but either you want Step Four football or you don't and the middle of June is too late to make the decision.

A Redhill reprieve has been banded as most probable as they were indeed the next club to be reprieved.

I am sure we will hear more very shortly. Another season with an odd number of teams.

Who will get Christmas week off?

Edited by Tel

A Redhill reprieve has been banded as most probable as they were indeed the next club to be reprieved.

I am sure we will hear more very shortly. Another season with an odd number of teams.

Who will get Christmas week off?

If Redhill get a reprieve then someone will have to move out of the Helenic and across otherwise you will have too many in the that division.

I think we should throw all the names in a hat and start again.

Maybe the Hogwarts Sorting-Hat might be of use !

The "regulations for the Operation of the National League System" make it quite clear that clubs finishing in 2nd or 3rd place can be considered for promotion if the club finishing1st is not eligible (which is not quite the right word here, but the principle of 2nd/3rd placed clubs being considered seems clear enough.  I would therefore expect that Higmoor Ibis, who finished 2nd in the Hellenic will be given the opportunity to progress, especially as I have heard they are willing to step up.

Were Redhill to be reprieved, where would they go? - the Ryman League AGM has been held and the constitution set.

The "regulations for the Operation of the National League System" make it quite clear that clubs finishing in 2nd or 3rd place can be considered for promotion if the club finishing1st is not eligible (which is not quite the right word here, but the principle of 2nd/3rd placed clubs being considered seems clear enough.  I would therefore expect that Higmoor Ibis, who finished 2nd in the Hellenic will be given the opportunity to progress, especially as I have heard they are willing to step up.

Were Redhill to be reprieved, where would they go? - the Ryman League AGM has been held and the constitution set.

Quite so Alan.

It's all a tad too late for re-reconstruction.