Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Redhill

SMR

A bit of double-talk, me-thinks !

In one breath he says they are going back to the Ryman, and in the next he admits it might not be in one season.

I think there are certainly clubs in the CCL Prem that will give them a very hard time.

Edited by Big J R

I suppose they have good resources at their disposal but they really ought to think about improving their ground before wasting shedloads of cash on players as they have done over the last two years.

If they get a decent manager they could well up there next season IMO.

It's just a shame about that municipal waste tip just over the road from them, especially in hot weather.

On the good side, it ain't a million miles to A & E if you get crocked.  More like 300 yards.

Personally, I like new grounds and of all the grounds we visit this season, I'm looking forward to seeing us play there most of all. We haven't played at Redhill competitively since 1976/77 when they were back in the town so it will make a nice change.

It may not be the greatest place location-wise at step five but it is vastly improved on a few years back and is quite local too! Let's not start having a go at them before they even get here, eh!

I wasn't having a go, Rich.  Just statting the truth.

I was pleasantly surprised when our u18s played there, end of last season. Decent enough night.The dugouts are over the other side of course.

There's a fair amount of history between Dorking and Redhill in general let alone football, so my view may be coloured.

Anyway, as the thread is called Redhill, do any contributors recall the shout of "Redhill" as the ball was launched out of the ground?

I always assumed as it went over the Meadowbank goal it was headed to Redhill.

However I was recently told Redhill got a fair way through the FA cup way back when, before Duncs bought a computer, and defended by lumping the ball out of the ground at every opportunity, and the tactic became known as "Redhill"

That fella Carthorse now at Horley may be able to confirm... 

I never did get to the bottom of the 'alleged scanda'l concerning the gents toilets at Kiln Brow a few seasons ago.

I was pleasantly surprised when our u18s played there, end of last season. Decent enough night.The dugouts are over the other side of course.

There's a fair amount of history between Dorking and Redhill in general let alone football, so my view may be coloured.

Anyway, as the thread is called Redhill, do any contributors recall the shout of "Redhill" as the ball was launched out of the ground?

However I was recently told Redhill got a fair way through the FA cup way back when, before Duncs bought a computer, and defended by lumping the ball out of the ground at every opportunity, and the tactic became known as "Redhill"

Yes redhill were playing away at Guildford years ago in the 1920 and were winning but Guildford started getting back into the game so redhilll kept kicking the ball out. The word spread and even in the second World War the cry was heard when troops were playing football and the ball was kicked out!

Yes redhill were playing away at Guildford years ago in the 1920 and were winning but Guildford started getting back into the game so redhilll kept kicking the ball out. The word spread and even in the second World War the cry was heard when troops were playing football and the ball was kicked out!

You're a mine of historical information, Horse !

Jeff,do not think Duncs was born,when Redhill had F.A. Cup success,let alone owning a Computer.

He used to be involved over there Dave as historian and programme editor. Did a good job too from what I heard.

I knew about the "Redhill" bit too. It was well covered back in the twenties and thirties when they were regularly referred to as the Lobsters, presumably due to playing in red. It was often heard at other surrey grounds.