Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Redhill

SMR

So now the boot is on the other foot,how do you think Perry Gough feels about your earlier comments,OVER THE MOON?

Johnno, Club Management should be taken seriously surely, not treated as a hobby,else you fail even I know that.Still at least you learn from your mistakes.

Andy,was your post not a dig at Perry Gough,but that was okay?

I certainly dig not make a dig at Perry, it was a contradictory statement. You said he was not a quitter, I then said that he quit chertsey part way through the season! FACT!

And why should management not be a hobby?? Surely you can still take a hobby seriously, give it 100% etc etc?? 

There is no set rule that if you dont take management seriously that you automatically fail just like if you give it absolutely everything, put in the hours, etc etc that you automatically succeed!

Problem with you Smudge is that you always feel your opinion is the correct one and everyone else is wrong! Opinions are neither right or wrong.... they are opinions.

Again mine not a dig but an observation of his past career

For me that's my last post in this topic

In its early stages Smudge but thanks for asking. Wouldnt call it a career, more of a hobby!

Hows the menstrual cycle going Smudge?? 

Is he in training for that poxy Boris Johnson cyclaphon all over Surrey that shuts all our roads for a day in August, Johnno ??

I think he'll need a new chain !!

:ph34r:

:bolt:

Edited by Big J R

The following may help clear this matter up, extract taken from 'Up the Reds' A History of Redhill FC by the late Brian Thomas, a former Secretary of Redhill FC

'The Reds' gained acceptance to the Athenian League, where they established a name as one of the most highly respected clubs in the south of England. They were crowned league champions in 1924-25 after finishing runners up the previous season. Redhill went on from their success to reach the semi final of the FA Amateur Cup, before losing 7-1 to Northern Nomads at Highbury in front of 17,000 fans. The team were severely hampered after their keeper was injured early on and they were reduced to ten men. The team tried to stem the tide and on several occasions they kicked the ball out of the ground, to cries of "Redhill" from both sets of supporters. This tradition is still carried on at some grounds when a clearance leaves the ground.

Yes I helped Brtian write the book

For someone who openly detests Redhill, you sure know a lot about them Carthorse.

Secretly in love with them...

Yes use to, along with all the rest of my family, working at the old Memorial Ground and the first ever work party at Kiln Brow plus many years doing alsorts of Jobs programme editor tanoy operator, bar man, grounds man etc etc!

Spent 35 years there so should be!

So do you reckon PG will still be there at the end of the coming season Horse ?

I think maybe you should give Redhill a rest now carthorse mostly different people now and you're beginning to sound a bit repetitive and hateful just move on now.

I think maybe you should give Redhill a rest now carthorse mostly different people now and you're beginning to sound a bit repetitive and hateful just move on now.

But Carthorse's memories of Redhill go way way back and it's hard to forget many things.

In his defence, I don't think he's having a 'go' at the club NOW, but more for the way it was back then.

Anyway  -  A new season and a new start.  We shall just have to wait and see how things pan out for them.

Edited by Big J R

But Carthorse's memories of Redhill go way way back and it's hard to forget many things.

In his defence, I don't think he's having a 'go' at the club NOW, but more for the way it was back then.

Anyway  -  A new season and a new start.  We shall just have to wait and see how things pan out for them.

Did not think I had said anythging bad just anserweed questions the person I hated was the manager after what he did to me son he has gone so the Club does not mean anything to me now. As Big JR says yes I know a lot about the Club as I was there for so long but I have moved on and hopefully so have Redhill FC

I agree with Carthorse on this. His replies were fair and I would suggest that eye1 is a little touchy here. 

However, even if Carthorse's comments were harsh, I'd have defended them. He spent as much time as anyone down there and produced a very good programme and history, giving the club further publicity. He is as fully entitled to his view on the club as anyone and more than most.

It is good to see Redhill coming over to us and in truth it probably should have happened years ago. It is unfortunate for them that they have reached their destination by way of relegation but I hope they will do not get any superiority complexes. Chertsey, Ashford and Guildford didn't have any and have fitted back in to the CCL family seamlessly. Once Redhill realise that they haven't got to spend every other week on the south coast they will realise this is the best step five league to be in and enjoy the experience for the duration of their stay.

Hmmm!

The option then I guess, if Flackwell Heath do turn down promotion, is the offering of the promotion place to Highmoor Ibis, and whether or not they accept it. After that it would reprieve Redhill, which doesn't help matters at all. Guernsey to the South and West anyone? 

I agree with Carthorse on this. His replies were fair and I would suggest that eye1 is a little touchy here. 

However, even if Carthorse's comments were harsh, I'd have defended them. He spent as much time as anyone down there and produced a very good programme and history, giving the club further publicity. He is as fully entitled to his view on the club as anyone and more than most.

It is good to see Redhill coming over to us and in truth it probably should have happened years ago. It is unfortunate for them that they have reached their destination by way of relegation but I hope they will do not get any superiority complexes. Chertsey, Ashford and Guildford didn't have any and have fitted back in to the CCL family seamlessly. Once Redhill realise that they haven't got to spend every other week on the south coast they will realise this is the best step five league to be in and enjoy the experience for the duration of their stay.

No not touchy, but also being a Horley fan I hear this stuff about Redhill most weeks and feel that maybe Carthorse needs to move on now, I've nothing against Carthorse and say Hi every time I see him or his family.